What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
8-9 possibly a 10. Don't no why but I love the look of a white 10 covered in carbon

I love the 10 also looks wise but apparently the engine isn't great, especially compared to the better unit in the 7-9

Always loved this X running TE37s

1568629324830.png

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I’ve a silver 9 could be for sale anytime, just don’t know what to replace it with.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@McFall1984

Stebo

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 110
That white one in the first link looks very clean and is well priced!

It does, might give him a shout this evening. All comes down to what condition the chassis is in.

Had an eye on this one, but it's a lot of money for the miles:

Whats the opinion on GT vs FQ360MR??

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Having owned the 9GT I think if I was going to buy one again to drive regularly id want a 9 with UK 6 speed manual.

For something for the garage and to be out in the summer and good days etc it would have to be the GT as the RS transmission and diff really do make the car come to life. I just found on daily motorway duties the 5 speed was quite lacking as it was crying out for that extra gear for cruising speeds. However the faster ratios made for outstanding drivability on the tight roads and id imagine tracks.

Stebo

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 110
Having owned the 9GT I think if I was going to buy one again to drive regularly id want a 9 with UK 6 speed manual.

For something for the garage and to be out in the summer and good days etc it would have to be the GT as the RS transmission and diff really do make the car come to life. I just found on daily motorway duties the 5 speed was quite lacking as it was crying out for that extra gear for cruising speeds. However the faster ratios made for outstanding drivability on the tight roads and id imagine tracks.
Thanks for that. Can't figure out if AYC is better or worse than the RS diff?

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Thanks for that. Can't figure out if AYC is better or worse than the RS diff?

Ayc isn’t a big deal, it can be rebuilt if it does go wrong. But like every thing else on forums it’s blown out of proportion.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
AI Autosport /Jonny is a dab hand with Evos so even if it does need it, he can rebuild anything like that with his eyes closed.

Plenty of guys about that can sort them, I have a guy local to me that looks after mine who worked with a lot of evo and Honda rally cars. I had him puked before I bought mine lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Regardless of being a mate, AI, there is no one in Ireland id rather work on an Evo, the guy eats sleeps breathes them. Hence why MLR are well versed and interested when an AI built Evo comes up for sale.

AYC as said can be rebuilt ...

If this is a garageish car then try and find a GT

The 6 speeds are a bit soft but again running sensible power they are fine. Add the upgraded clutch and they are bang on. Synchros can be an issue but the forums blow alot of it out of the water

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Regardless of being a mate, AI, there is no one in Ireland id rather work on an Evo, the guy eats sleeps breathes them. Hence why MLR are well versed and interested when an AI built Evo comes up for sale.

AYC as said can be rebuilt ...

If this is a garageish car then try and find a GT

The 6 speeds are a bit soft but again running sensible power they are fine. Add the upgraded clutch and they are bang on. Synchros can be an issue but the forums blow alot of it out of the water

Lee Lipton an Richard Bradley are ace with Evo's
Lee for building, repairing an Richard for mapping
They are close to me which is also handy

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Lee Lipton an Richard Bradley are ace with Evo's
Lee for building, repairing an Richard for mapping
They are close to me which is also handy

You use who ever you trust at the end of the day and geography also comes into play ... Just my own opinion on AI ... I'm sure there are a good few mechanics over here that can turn a wrench to anything

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
You use who ever you trust at the end of the day and geography also comes into play ... Just my own opinion on AI ... I'm sure there are a good few mechanics over here that can turn a wrench to anything
Need to sell my own car 1st so I'll worry about an evo tuner when I get one
Could be a long way away yet 😭

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi

Past couple of weeks I have taken a notion for a Land Rover Disco or Range Rover. I think being in friends and family jeeps has given me the itch. This would do rightly.