What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Truly beautiful cars. Boxster for me though!
No contest for me...... Boxster every time. I'm obviously not a real "driver" 😜
For me, it's about the fun and wind in my balding barnet over track times and bragging rights all day long.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Sti go boom rattle boom
Wrx dont. That car is very good value for money, was showing it to someone else yesterday

Looks well but the arches immediately has it looking tame.
The normal wrx with a Prodrive pack has 266bhp with the same engine.
Confusing to say the least.

Last edited:

Gambit

RMS Regular
Looks well but the arches immediately has it looking tame.
The normal wrx with a Prodrive pack has 266bhp with the same engine.
Confusing to say the least.

Was the earlier 06/07 in hawks that was 266. 08 hatch was a different engine, well inlet, intercooler, turbo assembly are all different which is probably the reason it only made 250 odd with prodrive pack

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
Was the earlier 06/07 in hawks that was 266. 08 hatch was a different engine, well inlet, intercooler, turbo assembly are all different which is probably the reason it only made 250 odd with prodrive pack
Evo have it wrong then.
Screenshot_20190922-201153_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-201323_Chrome.jpg

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I’ve always said I won’t consider an Impreza until I can afford an STI and they are just getting dearer and dearer.

Don’t see the point at all in buying a WRX (Classic JDM excluded)

This would be my first purchase if I robbed a bank. Absolutely completely and utterly my dream car.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Evo are nearly correct in what they are saying, it is the same engine but they dont mention the tiny intercooler, and plastic intake manifold fitted to the hatch which is the reason for the restricted performance. The plastic intercooler is the weak point it blows end tanks with not very substantial increase in boost applied

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb

It would be safe to say a Hawkeye is a better car all round? When considering WRX's.

Gemma

RMS Regular
@quattro Rick nooooo I prefer the noise of the e39 m5 v8 lol
I'll never forget out washing the 328 and a guy, Ian, drove past in his.. It sounded like thunder rumbling!!
Have never forgotten it

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
for comparison sake....someone is looking 8.5k for his identical wrx-s across the water, and its got 10k more miles on it than the one down in Enniskillen.

View attachment 251635

Seem that myself. He might well be asking but I can't seem him getting that. Could get a low tax bracket blob sti for that.

Here's another local one with mods. 340bhp

Last edited: