What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
@Eager Supercharged Fd2 Type R | eBay

s-l1600.jpg
That’s an absolute bargain with that spec, a decent FD2 is 16-17k

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I remember looking at them years ago and liked them but not so much now, I don’t think they have aged that well.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
I know it’s controversial but I don’t know how people can get excited about a golf. They sorta just get the job done, I know there fantastic at doing just that, but each to there own i guess
I can see where your coming from, it's the type of car you show to your granny and she'll say her fiend has the same car lol. no way I'd pay £35k for a used Golf

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I remember looking at them years ago and liked them but not so much now, I don’t think they have aged that well.
I don’t see £20k in one either .maybe in 5 years I will be thinking sh1t everyone should of bought one years ago .

Vw Nut001

RMS Regular
Drives
biTDI C7 A6
do they tend to give much bother? Would it realistically be any harder to run than a v8 m5 doing 1500 miles a year??
No not really I have clocked about 4k in mine and the only real expenses I have had has been rear tires 🙄🙄 and an annual service and a small sensor (warranty part) with the main dealer to keep the book stamped but apart from that nothing really

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I could be way wrong but it may give more trouble as a light use nothing but dry days garage queen than something used more regular?
Completely unrelated but my dads old classic is starting to play up a bit and I think it’s down to low use.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Yea nothing high performance likes sitting up. Same with my M5 doing such low miles.

Vw Nut001

RMS Regular
Drives
biTDI C7 A6
Yea nothing high performance likes sitting up. Same with my M5 doing such low miles.
I would agree on that specially in the last couple of weeks with the temperature dropping mine will be going away into the garage and a trickle charger for winter. I am considering a sports exhaust for mine for when spring starts to come in again.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
And they hate being started and left to idle for half a hour and turned off. There is no middle ground.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular

s-l1600.jpg

I love these. The police used to have one as an unmarked car, I often saw it about the Lisburn road.

Those showroom photos look really familiar, possibly in an ad when it was sold previously.

Don't know if its a trick of the light, but the seats look a lot lighter in colour in the final photo, with the coins lying about the floor and the steering wheel looking manky and worn

s-l1600.jpg

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
The rubber has reacted to something, wheel on my Focus was going the same way.

Brother in Law had an ex-police Vento VR6, great going thing.

sam_9n

RMS Regular

Was looking at this type of import too. They also do the Mk6 estate with the GTI engine in it. Importing seems a great choice currently, better specced and condition too