What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Must not do a buy :heart_eyes:
perfect spec, colour & price lol

FA71DC37-BA56-4D58-87AA-DE5186CA91AA.png

1595E584-8B54-4AFE-9F73-E7B50A1EA4D1.jpeg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Thinking about one. They seem to tick a lot of boxes for me. Would need to go get a drive in one.
I tested one along with a M140i when I was buying the R. The only bit I wasnt convinced by was the dash. In hindsight I wish I had went for the RS or M140i over the R. Both sounded better and I think I'd of held on to them a bit longer as they would of been more craic to drive.

Last edited:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
The R or S3 just wouldn’t be for me. Also like the new type R civic but the values of the rs are a lot stronger. The rs is a nicer looking car too imo.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Thinking about one. They seem to tick a lot of boxes for me. Would need to go get a drive in one.
The solid suspension put me off, great on a spirited test drive but annoying driving at 30mph feeling like your in a rally car.

I prefer an auto for an every day car anyway.

I thought you'd be an M140i man all day!

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
The solid suspension put me off, great on a spirited test drive but annoying driving at 30mph feeling like your in a rally car.

I prefer an auto for an every day car anyway.

I thought you'd be an M140i man all day!
This is going to be doing maybe 1500 miles a year. Ideally what I would like is something like the evo but a bit more civilised. The evo was a bit too jappy lol.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
This is going to be doing maybe 1500 miles a year. Ideally what I would like is something like the evo but a bit more civilised. The evo was a bit too jappy lol.
Original Impreza all day long! Late model one up to year 2000, RA / Type R / UK Turbo

Reactions: Lee

Lee

RMS Regular
Evo 6 is an amazing car but devoid of character.
Impreza has the engine note, character and comfort too.

I've only sat in a couple of evos (7-9) so can't comment much on them. But I drove my Type R Impreza daily for a while and never got sick of it. Nice car to drive. They don't all have Blitz Nur Specs and stiff coilovers.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Evo 6 is an amazing car but devoid of character.
Impreza has the engine note, character and comfort too.
If I was going for something that raw it would be an ae86 with an engine swap of some kind. The evo was just a box to tick. I did miss the 4wd last night though