What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
No book? Yes would put me off.

How was it to drive? Any idea how less reliable the 2.5 is than the 2.0?

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Tricky one tbh, if they have hands for nothing some people just pay for everything and keep nothing! I’ve hands but tbh I’m a bit ***** with keeping the paperwork!

If it has a full, traceable history, a full traceable mot history and all the books the car was sold for it wouldn’t concern me too much tbh! Yes, nice to have but have a good inspection and go with your gut feeling, is it cheap compared to others? I’ve no idea.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
This looks good but getting close to M4 prices now.
Tricky one tbh, if they have hands for nothing some people just pay for everything and keep nothing! I’ve hands but tbh I’m a bit ***** with keeping the paperwork!

If it has a full, traceable history, a full traceable mot history and all the books the car was sold for it wouldn’t concern me too much tbh! Yes, nice to have but have a good inspection and go with your gut feeling, is it cheap compared to others? I’ve no idea.
Think I’m just going to let it go, it was advertised as full history but without receipts it’s not worth much.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I went to look at this today, arranged to come up first thing this morning to see it. It sold last night. There was another white one, same year and similar milage, but it just didn't look special enough. Wasn't what I'm after.
I'm swaying more towards a F80 M3 or M4. Can decide if I should take the risk of not buying a comp pack car though. I'd be worried it would be hard to shift again.

This is unreal but more than I want to spend.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Yeah I've noticed them dropping quite drastically the last wee while. The M3 seems to hold their money a bit better, plus I think I prefer the saloon shape.

prefer the saloon too. Coupe just looks a bit ungainly. M2 far better proportioned.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I’ve never kept a receipt.
It would just put me off something like that, a stamp doesn’t really mean much on its own.
@dave b car looks so much better with the bucket seats too, makes it more special inside. Something like that would be ideal.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
It would just put me off something like that, a stamp doesn’t really mean much on its own.
@dave b car looks so much better with the bucket seats too, makes it more special inside. Something like that would be ideal.

Does it have a full dealer history? If so just ring them up and check. No receipts wouldn’t bother me. Not many people keep their receipts anyway.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Receipts back it up much better, a stamp means it had a service, good history should include full maintenance like discs, pads, callipers, radiator, clutch, etc. or anything that’s went wrong, ideally

Especially if it’s something fancy that has known issues. Nice to see they have been addressed or already maintained.

I was finger tip close to buying a very top priced 996 turbo this week, one or 2 things halted the sale but one put off was it had a full stamped Porsche history but not a single invoice. These things have common faults, sellers view it has a stamp so any fault would have be addressed along with its service.
No receipt = it wasn’t done in my book.

MarkM

RMS Regular
prefer the saloon too. Coupe just looks a bit ungainly. M2 far better proportioned.

M2 is a stubby mess to me!
M3 is lovely but didn’t want a saloon car, love the coupe ,minority I know but I bought one lol
Such under rated cars imo

980CA7A2-813C-431E-BC78-E44F13ED83B1.jpeg

Last edited:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom

It is. I buffed it few weeks ago and it had a wheel refurb, it’s sitting on its toes, was in my garage for weeks there as not being used.
Good going car. Only moved it out to clean dads Jaguar but his garage pics are in mine