What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Anyone taking the chance on a car now... fair play.

You are not the most optimistic person ... some comments in the covid 19 thread had me questioning whether or not we were in the middle of an apocalypse

If someone can buy a car now then why not ... we have all said support businesses including dealerships and there are alot of people having to sell cars as they have lost their jobs. If someone can buy it now why not. Could be keeping business alive and or helping someone clear debt.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
You are not the most optimistic person ... some comments in the covid 19 thread had me questioning whether or not we were in the middle of an apololypse

If someone can buy a car now then why not ... we have all said support businesses including dealerships and there are alot of people having to sell cars as they have lost their jobs. If someone can buy it now why not. Could be keeping business alive and or helping someone clear debt.
Business need government support, they won’t survive otherwise. I’m being realistic, I’m just saying fair play anyone that can buy a car currently.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Business need government support, they won’t survive otherwise. I’m being realistic, I’m just saying fair play anyone that can buy a car currently.

Of course they need bigger investment than someone buying one item, however if you can why not buy now ... alot of businesses going down the tubes and more so people selling off assets to just afford to live at present after losing their jobs :worried: But yes of course gov level decisions and backing need to be applied.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Lads could you please keep this in the Corona thread, I'm staying out of it due to posts like these. (no offence meant to either of you)

I like to come in here to do a bit of 'dreaming'

Fair enough this is my detox thread also so apologies. Just making a point.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
I really want another Evo when I see the sun shinning!!
AE52C453-D85E-4292-ACE2-5EEAC3F16B75.jpeg

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’ve had this wee motor on my watch list as I’m hankering after an eg civic This is as close as I can get to one as the eg’s are non existent. I had considered getting a small loan but with a 3rd baby due in August and the downturn I don’t think it’s wise. I keep looking at It though, if it was in NI I prob would have it bought by now!

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I’ve had this wee motor on my watch list as I’m hankering after an eg civic This is as close as I can get to one as the eg’s are non existent. I had considered getting a small loan but with a 3rd baby due in August and the downturn I don’t think it’s wise. I keep looking at It though, if it was in NI I prob would have it bought by now!

A real Gran Turismo car that!

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
That’s nice tho getting close to s2000 money

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I thought the same. Any half decent S2000 is £8k or more now I'd have thought. That wee del sol at £4k is pretty much untouched condition is a bargain though.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I thought the same. Any half decent S2000 is £8k or more now I'd have thought. That wee del sol at £4k is pretty much untouched condition is a bargain though.

I’m surprised it hasn’t gone? It’s been up for about a month, pics looks great and it sounds great on paper. He said its good underneath and has had previous work. I can’t get away from the fact it’s approx 27 years old and wont have rust, I got burnt before and had to fork out to fix it on my gsi, so without seeing it in the metal i wouldn’t risk it.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3

That looks to be in some condition!

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
I said getting near s2000 money, never said you would get a good one :grinning:

You will get a good s2000 from 6.5 up

Are they at that money for a good one? I thought would be double that price. He had it on at 4800 and dropped it a few weeks ago to 3995 with best offer. If only it wasn’t so far away, I’ll not be near London any time soon! 😷
Agreed it looks lovely. It would look well parked beside my s2000 ;)
1584780540146.jpeg