What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
They are even better value in England. Was looking at them myself a few months back, absolutely beautiful cars

Back a couple of months ago some were literally being given away in England. I couldn’t stretch anywhere close to that red one but the ones around £18/19 I can make the man math work but then I keep looking at Caymans but knowing deep down I’d regret not getting a Boxster on sunny days.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
I would worry about the resale when it comes to the time.
Nice to have something different though.

That is a good point. Unless you're going to trade it in to a dealer, the private market probably isn't huge for the Stinger, great as they are.

Exactly what I said to the mates. £30k on a Kia.... Takes a lot of man maths to make that work.

Still love them though.

Early cars, with 3 years warranty left, are getting closer to the 20k mark now

The caveat I'd have on the earlier cars is the MY19 cars have a nicer infotainment screen and Kia tweaked the gearbox so, when it's in manual, it doesn't revert back to auto after 30s of no changes and the exhaust is slightly more audible.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Exactly what I said to the mates. £30k on a Kia.... Takes a lot of man maths to make that work.

Still love them though.

Which is exactly what I said about them years ago and got shot down about it. I love them but not with my money, thanks. I vaguely recollect being called a badge snob, told that amazing lease deals were just round the corner and that they were as good as a 340i, but cheaper (which is not what subsequent reviews said, nor were they actually any cheaper as an overall new 'ownership' prospect). Meh. I've only ever seen one on the road over here!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
The caveat I'd have on the earlier cars is the MY19 cars have a nicer infotainment screen and Kia tweaked the gearbox so, when it's in manual, it doesn't revert back to auto after 30s of no changes and the exhaust is slightly more audible.

The new 2021 face lift is a subtle improvement for me visually. Will be a year or two before I change (current car isn't 3 years old yet and onky has 25k on the clocks) but I'll certainly consider one of these. Though I'll be changing from a well spec'ed E Class Coupe so it may feel like too big of a step to go to a Kia.

Meh. I've only ever seen one on the road over here!

There's a few of them about though most are the derv version. There's a nice yellow V6 petrol that knocks about east Belfast.

The few people that I know that have driven them really seem to rate them.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Which is exactly what I said about them years ago and got shot down about it. I love them but not with my money, thanks. I vaguely recollect being called a badge snob, told that amazing lease deals were just round the corner and that they were as good as a 340i, but cheaper (which is not what subsequent reviews said, nor were they actually any cheaper as an overall new 'ownership' prospect). Meh. I've only ever seen one on the road over here!

It reviewed fairly well against the 440i and Jag XE S in Autocar (I can't see any . The Kia and BMW got 4* (Jag got 4.5*).

A43A6206-E5F6-442F-B317-E01961A5C43D.png

2A6E5ACF-5F15-4531-BB47-357E9A74A7FF.png

It also did well both new and used against the S5, winning both times

You’re right though that no good finance deals ever appeared on them.
The new 2021 face lift is a subtle improvement for me visually. Will be a year or two before I change (current car isn't 3 years old yet and onky has 25k on the clocks) but I'll certainly consider one of these. Though I'll be changing from a well spec'ed E Class Coupe so it may feel like too big of a step to go to a Kia.

There's a few of them about though most are the derv version. There's a nice yellow V6 petrol that knocks about east Belfast.

The few people that I know that have driven them really seem to rate them.

Facelift has help on the interior a lot, think it looks much better with the tweaks they've made. I wish they'd got rid of that strip that runs down the side past the boot on the rear sides, doesn't work on any car bar red where you can't see it.

There aren't too many around, there is a grey one around Enniskillen. Fella driving it tried to quite aggressively reverse into a space up by Lidl and managed to scrape the back of it. Looked gutted and just sat for ages outside the car staring at it, but shouldn't have been such a tit about reversing in.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, I assume the diesel would still at least retain some level of sensible-ness! I believe there’s not much between the 2, but still!