What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW

Chris0

RMS Regular

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
As long as maintenance requires no more than an oil change then I'll be able to handle it 😂

they don’t really have much problems to be fair. That was the appeal of it, same as the Aston. This has had brakes etc at its last service so that gave me some confidence too lol

Jecks

RMS Regular
Where is it all going to end. Saw a 30k twincam earlier not unusual I guess. I had 5 in total when I was 17 -18 , last one I sold for £2800 lol.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Screenshot_20210219-193839_Chrome.jpg

Not that expensive these days 🤣🙈 but by **** do they look good

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP

looking a second car for the wife to run around in while I’m at work and wee weekend car for me. What should I look out for in these ?
Check if the following have been done - oil pick up pipe, PCV, cam follower, check if cam chain ever changed.
Check for rust on front arches, sills and rear quarter panel. Other than that check usual, clutch biting and suspension.

I bought one in November and replaced £600 worth of suspension/brakes parts.

going tomorrow for Tbelt kit, thermostats, cam chain kit, exhaust mount, anti roll bar kit, walnut blast of inlet etc lol. But that’s more of my OCD. They are an amazing all rounder!

Chris0

RMS Regular

looking a second car for the wife to run around in while I’m at work and wee weekend car for me. What should I look out for in these ?
Not 100% but this could be the same one I messaged about a week ago. Think it was Fermanagh direction for 2 grand. Seller never replied so I didn’t go any further with it to be fair

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Not 100% but this could be the same one I messaged about a week ago. Think it was Fermanagh direction for 2 grand. Seller never replied so I didn’t go any further with it to be fair
Its reg was PLZ I think.
When buying a mk5 its checking for rust. I had a good GTI but when looking for looking a r32 the rust on some of them was unreal. Sills, below the boot badge/pull, all arches, and and on the roof if there's a sunroof.