What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
So with the other half moving branch for work she is taking her car (our main family car) and I'm left to do the school run with the mighty A3 and honestly it is too small. That combined with the fact she will be working every other weekend now means it's almost impossible to go anywhere with the dogs and Elena when MJ is working so I've started looking at cheap, practical, roomy yokes....sort of settled on one of these...

$_86.JPG

Any one any experience with these? Seem like a decent motor to me, torquey, frugal, reliable diesel engine, 4 wheel drive, plenty of room in the back and the seat folding setup is class. I suppose as with any car of this age you have to check for rust mainly but anything else to look out for?

We have had a 2012 2.2 iDTec for 4 years. Bought with 65k miles on it and now has 90k and all I have spent is oil and filter services, 2 sets of tyres and a full set of brake pads. It currently needs a set of front drive shafts and a rear drop link. Motoring has been faultless and would recommend one to anyone. MPG is about 30 on average.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom

How much to sort gearbox? third gear not working?

reg is familiar. Prob a grand to sort the gearbox, at a guess.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I read the report and thought, the splitter wasn't a different colour in the photos and then looked again. Time for me to visit the opticians. 🤣

RevT

RMS Regular

Gearbox could be fixed for about £500 no problem.

I know a fella used to own that one about 5 years ago. It was a decent car back then.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Gearbox could be fixed for about £500 no problem.

I know a fella used to own that one about 5 years ago. It was a decent car back then.
Is that the same integra that used to sit in Tesco and would’ve been around crindle.

RevT

RMS Regular
Is that the same integra that used to sit in Tesco and would’ve been around crindle.

Nope, the one you’re talking about belonged to a close mate of mine. He sold it locally for dirt cheap not that long ago. The one on Wilsons was around Moneymore about 5 years ago then ended up in Omagh I’m pretty sure. I haven’t seen it about in a couple of years mind you.

wes

RMS Regular
Anyway of getting rid of ads with no pictures. They are pointless and hate looking at them on both autotrader and usedcarsni. You used to be able to turn them off on usedcarsni

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Nope, the one you’re talking about belonged to a close mate of mine. He sold it locally for dirt cheap not that long ago. The one on Wilsons was around Moneymore about 5 years ago then ended up in Omagh I’m pretty sure. I haven’t seen it about in a couple of years mind you.
Always admired it sitting in Tesco hadn’t seen it in a while.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Wagon 😍🥰 ...wanted a v6 one but it disappeared quickly so consoled myself with a massive v8 instead 🤷‍♂️😆

Reactions: ALN

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
The used car market is in a strange place at the minute isn't it? There's very few desirable yokes, and they're all quite expensive. But people who want them seem to still buy them, here's hoping the market for cars like this will continue! An E92 M3 these days is worth around the same as an E36, that's a fantastic thing to see! Great cars.

Reactions: wes

Boksic

RMS Regular
Cheers, yes hopefully itll sell without issue so if you hear of anyone looking an old dubber send them my way please😊 ive my eye on something else so will get the Coupe MOT'd and advertised.
Message me come selling time, friend could be interested, has mk1 and 2 GTi in his shed and was always looking a clean breadvan 👍🏻

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Message me come selling time, friend could be interested, has mk1 and 2 GTi in his shed and was always looking a clean breadvan 👍🏻
Hi @Boksic it should be in the next month or two as going to get it MOT"d first, its been stored away the last 4 years.
Here is a link to the thread if he wanted to look 1986 VW Polo Coupe S.. (Project)
Cheers for keeping it in mind 👌

Boksic

RMS Regular

Is it even a type R if it doesn't crunch its way into 3rd ??? 😂😂

Definitely should have put a couple of these and dc2s away when they were cheap, and is200s and 306s, and any e36...
Missed opportunities 😭

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
If you have 100k and into Subaru the only reason you buy that over adding a few more quid and buying a 22b, is that you already have a 22b also

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
The used car market is in a strange place at the minute isn't it? There's very few desirable yokes, and they're all quite expensive. But people who want them seem to still buy them, here's hoping the market for cars like this will continue! An E92 M3 these days is worth around the same as an E36, that's a fantastic thing to see! Great cars.
I paid 7.5k for my MX5 Mk3 almost two years ago and looking now I'd need almost 10k to buy a similar car. Somethings not right there.