What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Surely that should be in the sniff thread?

The paint would definitely put it there but I knew Jonny quite fancied it 😅

Would like to see it in a proper Ferrari red before making judgement on the kit as the matte is my primary gripe with it

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
I’ve noticed this a few times recently with 981s that have been up for sale privately, I would imagine this is happening with other cars too.

Was up for £32K private and been snapped up by a dealer. Curious to see how how long it takes to sell. It sat for about… 10 days to a fortnight when it was up privately

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107165116963
1626599746494.jpeg

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
looks like a real genuine car though.......... I don't know if I could resist a wee drop and BRMs

@Laundrymike That seems to be what they are getting now yeah, everything seems to have near doubled in value. There was a local 1973 bug for £6k I think lately that I saw, and it wasn't mint. Ovals etc seem to be £15k + now.

Last edited:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I really wish I’d bought a classic 15 years ago. I test drove a 1986 mini in 2005 and fell in love with it. I was going to daily it and my dad told me I was mad and £1800 was far too much. I remember beetles being cheap then too but I never got as far as looking at one. I was left £3k by my granda and was going to buy a Morris Minor as a second car then as you could still get a good one for that money and my parents told me it would be a waste.

I really do regret not doing the classic car thing now they’re so expensive.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Someone told me that MK2 GTis went up 33% in the past year alone!
Some stuff is getting silly dear though (I'd saw due to collectors/investors) and the bubble could well burst).
I bought a Mini for £1k in 2006, tidied it up drove it a bit and sold it for £1400 in 2010 and bought two Mk3 Golfs.It had a fair bit more done then and was left mint and sold for over £3k the following year (it won at the big Portrush show). £3k wouldn't get much of a Mini now!
Have you ever driven a Minor? I can see the attraction of them for people, but have driven a couple and don't come close to a Beetle.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Nope never driven anything pre 1990 other than the mini. I was actually leaving the house to go look at and likely buy a beetle asked my dad to come with me and he told me they were awful to drive and talked me out of it. I don’t think he’s ever driven a beetle either.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Nope never driven anything pre 1990 other than the mini. I was actually leaving the house to go look at and likely buy a beetle asked my dad to come with me and he told me they were awful to drive and talked me out of it. I don’t think he’s ever driven a beetle either.
You need to rectify that :laughing: Minis are great craic, did you like driving that?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
You need to rectify that :laughing: Minis are great craic, did you like driving that?
Absolutely loved the mini wish I’d just bought it anyway. I was only 18 and still respected my dad’s opinion. Probably wouldn’t have been a great daily but it ran on unleaded. The mini probably would have been more reliable than the Skoda Felicia he convinced me to buy. It had a head issue within a week it blew the head gasket I replaced it then sold it on again as it was boiling over and burning coolant again. The Skoda felt like a much older car than it was 🤣

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
That bubble has to burst soon given some of the tripe for sale on the mk2 classifieds on facebook.
Rarely see any for sale here now. There was a bit of flipping going on this time last year with boys reselling at the new ceiling prices but haven't seen any for yonks.