What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very nice indeed. I’d love to know where the £5k of options are though, spec seems fairly basic.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
That is absolutely ludicrous money for a V6 vogue, you’d get a nice v8 vogue se or maybe even an autobiography in England for that

You are correct, but I couldn't be arsed travelling to be disappointed and when I do get one, I want it to be absolutely perfect.
Mental.

Mate of mine bought one last weekend in England, same year, 20k less miles, 4.4 v8 with a much higher spec for £2.5k less than the one advertised above.

I don't doubt that at all and have been keeping a close eye on the UK market for them. My main fear is that they are apparently complete Junk and more people have warned me to stay away from them. My only hope is that because it will be only occasionally driven, that this might work in my favour.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
after my L322 experience I can’t say I’ll ever own another Range Rover, which absolutely sucks as there isn’t anything like them when they aren’t giving bother!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
How rare is that colour in a c7, I don't think I've ever seen another one.

No idea, I’d never heard of it tbh. Just looks likes navy though, which no 1 should have to pay money for!

after my L322 experience I can’t say I’ll ever own another Range Rover, which absolutely sucks as there isn’t anything like them when they aren’t giving bother!

Lol, it’s amazing how your opinion changed after a bad experience. I remember originally you saying how reliable they were! At a stage you’d nearly even tempted me in to 1! What happened to yours anyway?

Dave..

RMS Regular
I thought you liked your RR? Sorry to hear it gave problems.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
No idea, I’d never heard of it tbh. Just looks likes navy though, which no 1 should have to pay money for!

Lol, it’s amazing how your opinion changed after a bad experience. I remember originally you saying how reliable they were! At a stage you’d nearly even tempted me in to 1! What happened to yours anyway?
I believe the engine sh@t itself.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I had 3 years of relatively trouble free driving with it, in that time it got an intercooler pipe that was less than a tenner, an alternator and some regular wear and tear suspension bushes. I put about 20k a year on it and serviced it every 10k.

With no warning whatsoever, bang engine went pop. It’s going to be the guts of 8k to sort it with a second hand engine on a jeep that’s maybe worth 12/3 on a good day now it just isn’t viable to repair. I lost a fair bit on depreciation too.

I loved owning it, it’s going to break my heart selling it parts or repair. It’s the reason I bought the tesla though. Warranty, pretty much zero running costs. The only thing I really wanted was a new model Rangie but with the market in this bubble and the fact they pop engines at a much higher rate, there was just no way in hell I was rolling the dice on another one again 😔

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I had 3 years of relatively trouble free driving with it, in that time it got an intercooler pipe that was less than a tenner, an alternator and some regular wear and tear suspension bushes. I put about 20k a year on it and serviced it every 10k.

With no warning whatsoever, bang engine went pop. It’s going to be the guts of 8k to sort it with a second hand engine on a jeep that’s maybe worth 12/3 on a good day now it just isn’t viable to repair. I lost a fair bit on depreciation too.

I loved owning it, it’s going to break my heart selling it parts or repair. It’s the reason I bought the tesla though. Warranty, pretty much zero running costs. The only thing I really wanted was a new model Rangie but with the market in this bubble and the fact they pop engines at a much higher rate, there was just no way in hell I was rolling the dice on another one again 😔
Shame it was a stunning one, what engine and miles was it?

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
Im really liking RS3`s at the minute and i could see one in the drive in the not so distant future.

Try and get a 2017 one if you can, they have the better DAZA engine that is great for tuning if you ever go down that road (which would be rude not to in an RS3).

Also the wingback seats are a good option to look for.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Try and get a 2017 one if you can, they have the better DAZA engine that is great for tuning if you ever go down that road (which would be rude not to in an RS3).

Also the wingback seats are a good option to look for.

2017 model might be out of my budget but Im in no hurry to buy yet so if i hold off a few months and get some more bills paid it could happen but then again a newer RS6 might find its way on to my drive. Its currently a toss up between the two but i much prefer the sound of the RS3.

Reactions: Mel

a220dms

RMS Regular
2017 model might be out of my budget but Im in no hurry to buy yet so if i hold off a few months and get some more bills paid it could happen but then again a newer RS6 might find its way on to my drive. Its currently a toss up between the two but i much prefer the sound of the RS3.

Bear in mind the new RS3 should be arriving in showrooms early 2022 (subject to delays) so hopefully there'll be discounts on the current facelift model.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Im really liking RS3`s at the minute and i could see one in the drive in the not so distant future.

They're a brilliant car, extremely capable, fantastic engine ..........but very dull to drive.

I really liked my 2018 one but a Golf R or Audi S3 is just as good.

a220dms

RMS Regular
They're a brilliant car, extremely capable, fantastic engine ..........but very dull to drive.

I disagree. The RS3 is an altogether different animal to the S3 in my opinion.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I had both for a few months............

DSC_0447.JPG

DSC_0448.JPG

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6

I had a cousin`s one for a long weekend and really enjoyed it the noise alone was worth it. Ive never had a Golf R or S3 to compare it too so I cant comment on that but I really liked it and it was fun to throw about through the roundabouts.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I had a cousin`s one for a long weekend and really enjoyed it the noise alone was worth it. Ive never had a Golf R or S3 to compare it too so I cant comment on that but I really liked it and it was fun to throw about through the roundabouts.
In the last 4 years Ive owned in this order................

Golf R
Audi S3
Audi RS3
Golf GTI
Golf GTI Clubsport 40

Currently looking for an F80 M3 but the prices a bit nuts and I really don't need one!

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
In the last 4 years Ive owned in this order................

Golf R
Audi S3
Audi RS3
Golf GTI
Golf GTI Clubsport 40

Currently looking for an F80 M3 but the prices a bit nuts and I really don't need one!

Out of the above list what ticked all the boxes in your eyes? Im guessing maybe none of them as your after an M3 now but id be interested to hear you thoughts as I also considered a Mk7 GTI.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Out of the above list what ticked all the boxes in your eyes? Im guessing maybe none of them as your after an M3 now but id be interested to hear you thoughts as I also considered a Mk7 GTI.
The Mk7 is was probably the best imo when you factor mpg cost. 40mpg is achievable. The only downside to the GTi is wet road traction, I don't mind wheel spin but the GTi has a 'starting vibration' setting in the TC that can only be turned off via the OBD port, it seems to apply the brakes in 1st and 2nd gear that makes wheel spin a thing you really want avoid as it painful to the car. It's slightly more engaging to drive than an R or S3 due to less weight but only slightly.

The Clubsport 40 was a very short ownership due the car being sub standard and a refund demanded. I'd still have my GTi only for this lemon 🍋

Best daily all year is a Golf R or S3, they drive identically. I only sold the S3 as it was 3dr and got to be a pita with kids.

I'm of the opinion an M3 is fairly useless as a daily driver in the winter so if get one I'll just not drive it on greasy roads.