What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I’ve also a £400 basket sitting on autodoc to replace the coilovers and freshen the Passat suspension. Which might be money better spent as I’m really fed up smashing over speed bumps.

Ill be honest I really can’t make up my mind whether to buy a wee car or not. One minute I’m sure I will then the next I think just drive away at the Passat as tax and insuring another car is wasted money.
76CBF3F3-FFCC-4585-92B6-198D98588B0F.png

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I’ve also a £400 basket sitting on autodoc to replace the coilovers and freshen the Passat suspension. Which might be money better spent as I’m really fed up smashing over speed bumps.

Ill be honest I really can’t make up my mind whether to buy a wee car or not. One minute I’m sure I will then the next I think just drive away at the Passat as tax and insuring another car is wasted money.
View attachment 366783
More cars is always the answer :joy: but tbf you would need a good look over that to see if it was rusted away to nothing otherwise it would just be a waste of money, if not there is money to be made on it with a new door, bumper and a polish to fix the red id say. Would allow you to get a multicar policy on the insurance maybe reducing the extra cost as well.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
More cars is always the answer :joy: but tbf you would need a good look over that to see if it was rusted away to nothing otherwise it would just be a waste of money, if not there is money to be made on it with a new door, bumper and a polish to fix the red id say. Would allow you to get a multicar policy on the insurance maybe reducing the extra cost as well.
Now I’m more awake the wee jazz is giving me the feeling to avoid. My insurance is up for renewal next week. I’ll have to look into some multi car policy’s.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Now I’m more awake the wee jazz is giving me the feeling to avoid. My insurance is up for renewal next week. I’ll have to look into some multi car policy’s.
Personally I would just stick to the one car. Buy something at that money and expect to spend a lot more on it for plus tax and insurance. The Honda red can’t be polished up again either.

Reactions: PDK

Lee

RMS Regular
They really must be a bit poo if they haven’t been dragged up to 25k and beyond like every other jdm rwd manual turbo.

I often wondered about that. It must be because they aren't a front engined slidey machine.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Pretty sure @Gaz had one - I imagine in current car market they are very expensive?

I can't look past the blue leather interior though

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Funny my brother recently sold his Ford Racing Puma and I felt exactly the same about it; I loved the seats and interior in it (they weren't leather but had more blue than the focus) but the steering wheel somehow felt like a step too far lol.

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Your getting good MPG from the Passat. I know doing delivery work a smaller hatchback would be handier. Might be better trading the Passat in for a hatchback

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Your getting good MPG from the Passat. I know doing delivery work a smaller hatchback would be handier. Might be better trading the Passat in for a hatchback
Passats going no where now and the crap car budget is pretty much been spent now 🤣

To be fair the Passat is dead on as long as you’re smart and plan where you turn around I’ve left myself in a position a few times where I’ve to do a 20 point turn 🙈

The boss is all on for this approach too
3B466310-BDA1-41C0-9FB9-7B1BFAA612EC.png

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
@gary1365 I've the eibach springs in my estate and it's as close to oem ride comfort while still looking respectable 👌🏻
20220629_165203.jpg

Would a dpf/egr removal and a decent map help with economy? 🙊

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
@gary1365 I've the eibach springs in my estate and it's as close to oem ride comfort while still looking respectable 👌🏻
View attachment 366828

Would a dpf/egr removal and a decent map help with economy? 🙊
It’s already had a map and egr delete. I am thinking about getting a dpf delete done but it’s the hassle of leaving it in somewhere a day to get it done.

I’m getting about mid 40’s mpg when I’m delivering so it’s not bad at all. M

I’ve used the eibach springs before as you say they’re very comfortable and look decent. That was the plan before I put the coilovers in but it worked out twice the price once you replace all 4 dampers 🤣 so I was a tight arse instead. Should have done it proper first time 🤣

Dave..

RMS Regular

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Love this but wouldn’t know how to use it lol

BMW S1000RR 2015 Sport Gen 3
2015 S1000RR Sport
8500 Miles (may go up slightly)
FSH 5 stamps in service book
MOT to December 2022