What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
What's your e34 worth now!

Haha, difficult to know! Certainly not what it stands me that's for sure :joy:

It's fun to guess what a puritanical purist would think, given the amount of work in the engine bay!

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Definitely sold at the wrong time:weary_face:
A2B6F1E5-B204-4EAC-94D5-823CDA2F1E74.jpeg

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
So do I, they aren't any better now, that car 10 year's back would have been worth a couple of grand, imo it still is!

A few year's back I bought a very good low mile VTS Saxo for lane rallys, £700, turned out to be a rubbish car, can't understand why they are now worth a few thousand.......they're still a rubbish car!

Car world has gone mad!

colin84

RMS Regular
So do I, they aren't any better now, that car 10 year's back would have been worth a couple of grand, imo it still is!

A few year's back I bought a very good low mile VTS Saxo for lane rallys, £700, turned out to be a rubbish car, can't understand why they are now worth a few thousand.......they're still a rubbish car!

Car world has gone mad!

A guy in work bought a VTR a while ago, it was surprisingly cheap given recent prices. Having a noisy round it I noticed the boot was damp. I pulled back the carpets to see the rear wheels beneath. Rear arches were non existent.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
A guy in work bought a VTR a while ago, it was surprisingly cheap given recent prices. Having a noisy round it I noticed the boot was damp. I pulled back the carpets to see the rear wheels beneath. Rear arches were non existent.
O mine was a good example in every way, it's just I imagined they would be better at rallying. Instead I ended up with a soft, slow, unreliable car that I should have just made mint and sold on.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
O mine was a good example in every way, it's just I imagined they would be better at rallying. Instead I ended up with a soft, slow, unreliable car that I should have just made mint and sold on.

Aside from one or 2 saxos, most of the fwd stuff that does well on targas seems to be starlets. 106s and by extension saxos seem to have a habit of pulling driveshafts out too.

The really quick guys not only are bloody good but also have a lot more done to their cars than it appears at first glance.

I'd still love a vts, can make fairly decent improvements to power with a few breathing mods, but the pedals are genuinely too close together and too small imo to drive with any real confidence.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Aside from one or 2 saxos, most of the fwd stuff that does well on targas seems to be starlets. 106s and by extension saxos seem to have a habit of pulling driveshafts out too.

The really quick guys not only are bloody good but also have a lot more done to their cars than it appears at first glance.

I'd still love a vts, can make fairly decent improvements to power with a few breathing mods, but the pedals are genuinely too close together and too small imo to drive with any real confidence.
My mate still does it, he got a Puma after my Saxo saga and has had great service from Pumas. He's on his third, gearboxes go and rust kills them.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Does my head in that.

I find it amazing someone buys an ultra low mile car, then adds such “enhancements”.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Did you have a look? Was very tempted when first advertised but have absolutely no need for it.
Yea I had agreed to buy it off the chap in Derry without seeing it. said I would collect it a week later when up there with work. Text me a few days later to say it was sold.
He wouldn't take a deposit off me by PayPal or bank transfer though .