What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Just saw this will be a company car

If it's remaining stock is recommend some extended warranty. I think it's 400/500 pound per year last time I checked. Well worth it just for some added piece of mind however like I said I'd hardly anything go wrong with mine.

Great cars id have a facelift one next and properly will do further down the line. The noise, looks and performance is just insane. And rare too which is always nice.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Bigger is better lol
True, these are perfection...... 🤔
donk-corvette.jpg

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
That's why they caught my eye, never seen one over here. I could live with the fuel consumption ok, I'm driving a 2.2 175bhp Mondeo at the minute and averaging 31-32mpg...
It's a couple of months down the line but I've dropped the hint already 😂

davyk31

RMS Regular
The boss has offered me a company car (anything up to £20k). Was looking at these or a C63 or something similar with 4 doors.
Anything to look out for in these @ChrisL ?

A C63 as a company car will have a punishing BIK tax payment for you to stump up. Would be more concerned with than fuel consumption. May be cheaper to get more salary and buy the car yourself.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
A C63 as a company car will have a punishing BIK tax payment for you to stump up. Would be more concerned with than fuel consumption. May be cheaper to get more salary and buy the car yourself.

This. Ask for a car allowance!

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Tax won't be a problem, he said he'll buy it and put everything in my name. All i have to do is fuel and drive it. Don't think he's thought it through too well but I won't complain! 😂

Last edited:

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
5D006E24-C27C-42CB-80FF-F6CD19070B9A.jpeg

F1BF835B-9100-43E4-BF66-F679AD39EC8C.jpeg

davyk31

RMS Regular
Tax won't be a problem, he said he'll buy it and put everything in my name. All i have to do is fuel and drive it. Don't think he's thought it through too well but I won't complain! 😂

That approach won't last long if investigated by HMRC sadly. At the end of the day you are receiving a benefit through your work. Just be careful as the bill will be yours and not his if they do investigate and rule against it. Wouldn't even take a Revenue inspector to find it out as Company Auditors would also be duty bound to look at that sort of stuff

Car allowance could be the way to go as you won't have any shocks down the line