What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Sonny

RMS Photographer
I thought the price was ok for the odds. If you need a quick sale, have you tried Hurst Car Buyer? They paid somewhere between trade and private values for the other halfs scirocco earlier this year. Was only in Hursts for around 30 mins and money was in a couple of hours later.
Yeh sent an enquiry in but yet to hear back!

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Mine was a griff, it was red and was a minter! History and condition are the main things with theses cars, engine rebuild on the earlier cars I’d preferred, prob looking at 8k for a full power or straight six rebuild with warranty!

Chassis would be getting on on now and possibly need addressed, again if it just out riggers that’s quite straightforward but a full chassis refurb and your off to England again, Gregg at torque flyte is the only guy to deal with them here, very nice guy.
Those bills sound scary. Uncle had a sagaris and the only bills he had was servicing costs. I suppose it depends on how long you keep it for and how well it’s been looked after

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
but it has different bumpers, wider arches, rear spoiler over the s3 - twin pipes out the rear & maybe wider rear arches would be the only thing missing

doesnt take a lot to make them look well

au-s3-2-sd11.jpg
Apart from the front that just looks like a diesel a3.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Apart from the front that just looks like a diesel a3.

I'd be of the opinion that this issue isn't so much that the 'hot' versions don't look aggressive enough, more that the really bland normal ones look too aggressive.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
yep agreed back end lets them down badly

though where there is a will there is a way

0c5a3848bc2bfb47d029d8d90e866ee7.jpg

I actually prefer the single oval look 🙈 the first RS3 came with one set of twin tips though iirc? Didn't look bad either

Reactions: Ben

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Those bills sound scary. Uncle had a sagaris and the only bills he had was servicing costs. I suppose it depends on how long you keep it for and how well it’s been looked after

It’s the earlier speed six engines that can have issues, the later ones by all accounts are a lot better, the saggy will have the later speed six so probably less of an issue!

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3

This. That colour looks fantastic.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular

i think the colour is cool, but would you get that satisfaction looking at it when you have just finished cleaning it that you would get from a nice glossy finish?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Amazing. Though who specs all those extras and not DAB?! Weirdo.

@trev 1515 id rather have that and £6k left over than the blue LE500 you listed if you’re in the market for one?

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Amazing. Though who specs all those extras and not DAB?! Weirdo.

@trev 1515 id rather have that and £6k left over than the blue LE500 you listed if you’re in the market for one?
That is nice. Been for sale since August though, and its not expensive for what it is

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
i think the colour is cool, but would you get that satisfaction looking at it when you have just finished cleaning it that you would get from a nice glossy finish?

Yes. I absolutely love that colour, suits the car so well.

Shame it will never be in my driveway (or more accurately, parked on the street in a dubious part of Dublin)

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Need to learn more about them before I'd take the leap but been thinking about them for a few months. Not sure weather I'd prefer a Cayman or Boxster.

Still dreaming of R33s tbh. :joy:

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3