Wheel alignment at present

apollo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Anyone open at the moment to do a wheel alignment. Just changed over from my winter wheels and noticed my summer wheels have the cord showing on the very inside and rest of tyre still has around 5mm. Had them done by Ivan Kerr in carrick a few years ago when wheels and tyres where new so not sure if they were done correctly.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Anyone open at the moment to do a wheel alignment. Just changed over from my winter wheels and noticed my summer wheels have the cord showing on the very inside and rest of tyre still has around 5mm. Had them done by Ivan Kerr in carrick a few years ago when wheels and tyres where new so not sure if they were done correctly.

few years ago, you wouldn’t get a month or more out of a badly setup geo before the tyres are scrubbed off it.

colin84

RMS Regular
A lot can happen in a few years, you could have some wear on the ball joints or anything.

Most tyre places are open, but aren't doing alignment as it's not essential.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Magowans Mallusk, I got 2 new tyres and alignment done on Friday

apollo

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
BMW
Thanks guys, only a few miles from mallusk so magowans will do.
few years ago, you wouldn’t get a month or more out of a badly setup geo before the tyres are scrubbed off it.
I have only done around 2-3k in that time tho.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Just on the OP's original comment, I advise my customers to get their wheel alignment checked on a yearly basis or after ANY replacement of drive train components. Your wheel alignment will run out with the wear and tear of serviceable items.

Darren91

RMS Regular
Anyone aware of any places doing wheel alignment at the minute?

IKT haven’t resumed doing theirs just yet.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Ok, getting the Q5 back today/tomorrow from getting wheels refurbished. I said Gilnahirk above but anyone any other recommendations in East Belfast or happy enough with Gilnarhirk

Meeky

RMS Regular
Drives
Corsa VXR
I got mine done 2 weeks ago with Gilnahirk and the alignment is still way off and worse lol so waiting until Ivan Kerrs in Bangor opens again. They said to me on the phone maybe this week or next. Still waiting :sob:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Ok thanks - I will avoid. Used to go to central tyres off ormeau

Had it done before by Charles hurts on sydnam and never an issue with them tbh

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I got mine done 2 weeks ago with Gilnahirk and the alignment is still way off and worse lol so waiting until Ivan Kerrs in Bangor opens again. They said to me on the phone maybe this week or next. Still waiting :sob:

I don't think half the places know how to use their equipment, I had the same problem with Ards tyres. They refunded my money when I showed them a print out of an alignment i had to get done a week later.

Meeky

RMS Regular
Drives
Corsa VXR
100% agree mate. Been to Ards before and happened to me as well :mad: Hunter wheel alignment and other ones similar seem to be the only ones that actually work for me properly.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
It’s part and parcel paying min wage or a few pence over it, very few care if it’s set right or not along with poor management to ensure good training on equipment use.