Wheel seal

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
never got to excited about this before. But with a new set of wheels delivered is there any decent product to seal them or just a few coats of wax ?

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Put a coating on them, Gtechniq C5 is great and you could do it yourself just be very thorough in prep and removal

They are brand new in box so should be in fairly good shape to seal without needing a good clean first, any tips however? (y)

Mark@PD

RMS Regular
Drives
S1 Elise
Or Gyeon cancoat if you don't want to spend a lot of money, it won't last as long but you will be able to do your plastic trim and glass and have enough left over to do a couple of cars.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'd go Gyeon Rims. I've used it and Gtechniq C5 wheel armour and while both perform very similarly the Gyeon is much easier/less fussy to use and apply.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Something I've never done
Also have new wheels here but I'm more worried about finding a good fitter that won't mark my wheels

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Very impressed with Gyeon Rim so far...put it on a new set of wheels at the start of January and washed today for the first time.

Wheels didn’t seem to pick up as much dirt since application

838F2ADA-7F73-4089-86FC-29B51FDEDE34.jpeg

After about 60sec washing with a wash mit came out great
C6E1BBAE-1041-4506-9109-F46EECBA45BA.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I’ve a bottle of Gyeon Rim in the shed. My summer wheels were done with Gtechniq when Pete did the car so I’ll keep the Gyeon for when I get my winters refurbed

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Gyeon Rim really is excellent. I coated the below wheels when new and ran them for basically a year with regular washes I must add. All I did was wash them with a wheel sponge and they came up like new as can be seen. The pics are from when I sold them a few weeks ago:

IMG_20190127_151036.jpg
IMG_20190127_151851.jpg

IMG_20190127_152013.jpg