Wheel sealant - powder coated wheels

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
As the title says, looking a wheel sealant that’s ok for powder coated alloys. Got my tyres today and want to make sure the wheels are kept looking good.

Preferably something easy to apply because these already have too many spokes for my liking 😂

Heard good things about the Auto Finesse stuff and carbon collective but interested to hear what everyone else is using!

1A8261AB-93A9-4E78-9AEF-CB98A34D39BA.jpeg

MarkM

RMS Regular
The auto finesse caramics stuff is superb, lasts 12 months on mine and makes them easier to clean, best I’ve ever used.
Btw love those!!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Gyeon Rims or Gtechniq C5 wheel armour.

I found, Gyeon easier to use personally.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Gyeon Rims or Gtechniq C5 wheel armour.

I found, Gyeon easier to use personally.

I bough Gyeon rim at the same time as caramics, Caramics is my favourite for application and longevity!
That said, if anyone wants to buy my Gyeon stuff, pm me!

Last edited:

Mark@PD

RMS Regular
Drives
S1 Elise
You could try Gyeon Cancoat it's pretty cheap and lasts a reasonable time, it's easy to apply and will also do your windscreen, plastics and paint if you want with plenty left over to do it all again.

Gus

RMS Regular
I'll throw carbon collective platinum wheels into the mix as well. Fantastic durability and super easy to use without breaking the bank

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
@Marc Collins which did you go for, and was it any use? I'm looking something to put on my wheels, just to make them easier to clean and offer a bit of protection. I've just got straight painted wheels. I'm guessing things have came a long way since Poorboys Wheel Sealant.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Carbon Collective Platinum is very good in my opinion. Poorboys was good but never found it to last that long.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Came here for the same reason. Getting my wheels back from powertek soon and want to have them sitting pretty.

Is any of this stuff good for complete novices like me? I need some idiot proof stuff.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Came here for the same reason. Getting my wheels back from powertek soon and want to have them sitting pretty.

Is any of this stuff good for complete novices like me? I need some idiot proof stuff.

Cheers!

Idiot proof stuff will be the old school wheel waxes.....the likes of Finish Kare 1000p is an excellent sealant with you can do the whole car with.

For the newer ceramic sealants a spray one will last you a few months (3 max I'd say) or the likes of Gtechniq wheel armour or Gyeon Rims will last much longer but require a wee bit more effort. For me I found the Gyeon stuff easy to use.kts pretty much wipe on wipe off (after a few mins), just be sure to have some Isopropyl Alcohol to wipe everything down before hand and do a couple of coats on each rim.