Wheel Sealants

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

soupyrachel

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini Cooper S
What wheel sealants are folks using these days on alloys with polished lips? Never bought or used a sealant before so need help from people who have used them.

Looking for one that isn't harsh on polished rims and lasts a good while.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
G/Techniq C5 but not 100% sure about its use on polished rims., you'd need to check that. It is however probably the best wheel sealant you can buy.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Gtechniq C5 is pretty good for something you might only have to apply once a year, for something you don't mind applying more (2 weeks to a month) Poorboys wheel sealant is good.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
I've always used Poorboys, but recently been using KLEERS, it's without a doubt the best for me, worth trying for sure..

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Im using the Raceglaze one that I got from Pro-Car a while back. Seems to do the job for me.

Wasn't that dear either iirc.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Thread bump = been a while since I used a wheel sealant, I have some old poor boys in the garage but I wouldn't be surprised if it is now solid :confounded:

So what is the best stuff out there at the minute?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Thread bump = been a while since I used a wheel sealant, I have some old poor boys in the garage but I wouldn't be surprised if it is now solid :confounded:

So what is the best stuff out there at the minute?

Strange coincidence....! I just took my poorboys wheel wax out of hiding at the weekend - pink stuff - worked a treat and still soft & easy to use!

Would look for another just out of interest though..

Andy55

RMS Regular
Using Collinite 476, purely because I had a tin of it already. Seems to be working well after applying a few months ago

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I have been using furniture polish on alloys for years long before any rim wax was out. Cheap and cheerful and does the job (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.