Wheel Sealants

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Only way to clean them properly, my mum done it that way for years her windows were sparkling. Don't forget the vinegar (y)
I am the same. Does a great job right up there with cleaning your windows with newspaper eh jim

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I don't rate it, was really disappointed with mine.

Likewise here... The advantage being it's fairly easily applied and removed. But I've never found the durability is as good as they say.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I've read several times that C5 is C1 in a different bottle?? Would tell me it isnt a dedicated wheel sealant, does get great reviews though

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Hoping to apply it this weekend, is there a cure time for the sealant? How did you apply it?

Usual wheel cleaning, Decon etc. Wipedown with Gyeon prep or IPA. Use applicator suedes I put about 10 drops on the suede and apply it quite heavily usually takes two goes to get whole wheel covered, leave no longer than 5 minutes before buffing. Apply second coat after an hour. Takes 24 hrs to cure or 4 using infrared heater. Takes about a week to fully harden so no chemicals in this space

Last edited:

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
@ruairi83 if you still have the sealant i would take it off your hands at that price lol.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
@Turks

image.jpeg

Have it here in the house if you want to collect. Send me text to arrange when to collect 077three9three4044nine

bigcatman

RMS Member
Drives
Mercedes CLS 500
I bought new alloys for my van and applied 5 coats of poor boys on the wheels before the wheels were fitted and although cleaning them at least once a week I am disappointed that they have started to discolour . I had always before used Autoglem alloy wheel sealer which I found very good but apparently its no longer available . Any thoughts ??

Topmark

RMS Regular
BBS's CH's - just a regular finish, i.e NOT chrome or anything out of the ordinary.

Will have a closer look at some of the products mentioned above, but can someone explain to a complete novice with wheels and sealant... how do you actually go about applying it? What's the best process and what do you use?

Thanks

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.