Wheeler Dealers. Full Of Crap Or Cool?

gbdm

RMS Regular
Drives
Ive only lately got the discovery turbo channel on sky so its the first time ive ever seen the show.

Seems not a bad car show and i like seeing the old cars being fettled with, but after watching about 5 shows the big guy mikes annoying me and that guy ed is becoming increasingly more camp every episode,

And they say that they "restore" these cars and all they have done are some repairs

Whats you take on the show?

scub

Banned
good for a laugh - but they seem to turn a little profit even though the hours and hours of labour is never considered

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
personally i love it, but it cracks me up little things they do, such as refub wheels then leave rusty old wheel nuts on them or change hte clutch in a wrx then 'bed' it in but 1/4 mile drag strip times lol but great show to veg out in front of (y)

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Holds the record for the fastest piece of roadworthy furniture.

sofa-racer.jpg

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Anyone else feel sorry for Ed, he is like the skivvy who puts all the hard work in and yer other man takes all the credit, have to say I love watching it though!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
mike is a ****, ed is sound and a good mechanic.....as cheesy as it is i still always watch it lol.....but mike wrecks me the way he gets on

gbdm

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
yeah they do seem to cut a lot of corners with these "restorations" as mike keeps calling them, and if i hear mike say "it goes like a train" one more time i may have to just watch it on mute.

Also i have seen a couple of episodes where ed gets a spray can out to the car....

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Well they're restoring with an eye to making a few quid so sometimes the auld rattle can comes out. Must say Ed has done some cracker jobs with a tin of paint. Also done some shockers. The worst two jobs I can remember were the rear arches on a MK1 MR2 and also the front wing of a Capri. Shocking jobs both times lol.

Saunts

RMS Regular
absolute idiots, but i still love the show!

this has to be the best bit were he thinks he getting a great deal by swapping genuine bbs lm's for a £120 set of wheels....:confounded:

big cyril

RMS Regular
Saw the 944 track car episode a while back, interesting enough show but the figures they claim are nonsense eg the 944 got proper track tyres which are about 200 per corner which was conveniently left out of the sums.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
absolute idiots, but i still love the show!

this has to be the best bit were he thinks he getting a great deal by swapping genuine bbs lm's for a £120 set of wheels....:confounded:

I remember that!!!! thinking at the time..... ''no wonder ur boy is smiling! And said he could do with a set'' lol bet the boy was rubbing his hands!!

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Best one for me was the wee suzuki jeep they made into a proper off roader , full rollover bars,
big suspension , 2nd hand bigger engine , painted it matt black , looked the dogs ...., but then
Ed took it to m.o.t and only then discovered it needed a bucketload of welding ! They ended
up sellin (by which i mean giving)to some farmer for three jelly beans ..lol.

Saunts

RMS Regular
I watched one a few weeks ago when they converted a van into a camper...total cost £3950.... advertised for £1900 or something lol. Then ed finally bought it for like £1000!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I love it lol, never miss an episode! The thing that annoyed me was when they took the K+N filter off the 205Gti because it was for 'boy racers', yet went out and bought one for the 325i Touring they did lol. I have signed photos of them in my garage now thanks to my other half contacting Mike Brewer :laughing: