Wheeler Dealers. Full Of Crap Or Cool?

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Mike's father owned Pinball Wizard back in the 70s80s. Probably buried in the depths of my Street Machine collection somewhere. That gives him a little bit of credibility in my book. Just a bit mind.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Did you not watch "For the love of cars" with Ant in it? That's where I heard it from. That was a fantastic show.

I think I did back in the day, must have went over my head!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It's obvious all the cars are bodged to get them moved quickly. It wouldnt make any sense financially to do a proper restoration, nor would the timescale fit for TV.
But even the basic work they always did, not even a hint of grease etc on a single bolt. Always very roughly thrown together.

But then...it's a tv program, not a proper car repair shop.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
It's great how every nut comes off the cars without a fight.

1hr episode of ant yelling at a seized bolt, heating it, impact gun, breaker bar, sheering it, more yelling and swearing, drilling out, tapping then rethreading and then moving to the next seized bolt prob wouldn’t be a hugely popular show.
Really fun for us lot who have suffered from it before but prob not the casual watcher lol

but... a 1hr special with James May called ‘Can we unseize this bolt’

I would watch that lol

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
1hr episode of ant yelling at a seized bolt, heating it, impact gun, breaker bar, sheering it, more yelling and swearing, drilling out, tapping then rethreading and then moving to the next seized bolt prob wouldn’t be a hugely popular show.
Really fun for us lot who have suffered from it before but prob not the casual watcher lol

but... a 1hr special with James May called ‘Can we unseize this bolt’

I would watch that lol

LMAO anyone watch the bronco episode (new series) last night?

removing the head and studs broke as they where coming out lol! His face was priceless!!!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Have always preferred Car SOS of which a new series started last week (Thursday 8pm National Geographical channel).
I watched the latest episode with the Porsche. The car was scrap. The work they had to do was amazing. Basically a new car when it was finished.
They have made a lot of people very happy.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I watched the latest episode with the Porsche. The car was scrap. The work they had to do was amazing. Basically a new car when it was finished.
They have made a lot of people very happy.

1200 hours put into the metal work on that car apparently.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Another new series starting on monday. Seemingly the last one in US and also Ants last one so I wonder who theyll get to replace him when back in UK
I believe Ant is married to an American, I would assume that is why he is not coming back to the uk

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I believe Ant is married to an American, I would assume that is why he is not coming back to the uk
Yeah think she was a model/actress they've a mad amount of kids between them. Must be making plenty of $$ over there.
I prefered his work to Ed's, the stuff his place did on For the Love of Cars was incredible, wouldn't like to have to pay them though! I didn't like them doing the US cars as much though so be good to see them doing cars we can relate to again.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Yeah think she was a model/actress they've a mad amount of kids between them. Must be making plenty of $$ over there.
I prefered his work to Ed's, the stuff his place did on For the Love of Cars was incredible, wouldn't like to have to pay them though! I didn't like them doing the US cars as much though so be good to see them doing cars we can relate to again.

I think she had some kind of property tv show, a bit like our Kirstie Allsopp but much more attractive