when can i buy tax?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

noons

Drives
Seat Leon FR
No i don't think so - they only give you the disc for the month ur in - i lost out on a month cos i was stupid and didn't realise.

You have 14 days grace anyway so your best to just wait til january and then get it.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
want to get it asap you see. cant reg my car till tax runs out and I want to sell the car in the new yr.

noons

Drives
Seat Leon FR
well if ur selling just get a six months one, and then add the cost of it onto the price of the car that way you are not losing out a months tax really.

Porter

RMS Regular
I THOUGH IF IT EXPIRES IN DEC 31ST, YOU CAN GET A NEW DISK FROM ANYTIME IN DEC

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
they send me out a form at least 2 weeks before i'm due to expire, ive always been able to renew tax before the end of the month i expire in.

so in answer to your question pablo...YES but only when they send out your renewal form.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
wont get a renewal as it wsa last taxed on the mainland. it isnt even registered in my name.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
pablo said:
wont get a renewal as it wsa last taxed on the mainland. it isnt even registered in my name.

may prove a bit more difficult than just simply going to the post office and buying a dicc as you'll have to register it in your name in Belfast, If i where you i would either do it this / next week or leave it until the new year.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
yup go to tax office in belfast or in county hall, take all documentation etc with you and you should get sorted.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
will try that tomorrow. wanna get it sorted asap so the car is ready to go whenever like.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
yep - they are very strict that you have to bring original documents etc too

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.