When will DVA send MOT reminder letter

Ricky

RMS Regular
Hi,

My car’s first ever MOT is due on 29 January and I am wanting to book it soon. When will the reminder letter arrive so that I can book it?

Thanks

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Usually 5 to 6 weeks before it is due.

Was the car originally registered in Britain by any chance? If so you won't get a reminder as it's under the DVLA system and MOTs here are handled by the DVA NI system. Once it has one MOT you will get reminders from next year on.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Wife's CRV is due the 15th of Jan, got the letter through last week & I booked it at the weekend no sweat.

Ricky

RMS Regular
OP
R
Usually 5 to 6 weeks before it is due.

Was the car originally registered in Britain by any chance? If so you won't get a reminder as it's under the DVLA system and MOTs here are handled by the DVA NI system. Once it has one MOT you will get reminders from next year on.

No my car was never registered in the mainland, it is currently and has always been registered with DVA here in NI

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
In which case you should get the letter in the next week or so. As @Darren91 says, you can book it now if you want without waiting on the letter.

Ricky

RMS Regular
OP
R
Got a reminder the other day for end of jan

Strange! Wonder why they’ve not sent mine yet, not that it matters as such as I now know I can book it without a letter