When you miss your 2 stroke

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Last 2 stroke I had was a rs250 aprillia back about 20years ago now .makes one feel very old .

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
The noise and smell of 2 stroke is hard to beat.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Jeeze I wish I'd kept all my two strokes, but then again in the 80s early 90s you never thought they were going to be killed off in favour of 4 strokes, there were so many about then.
Where did they all go ? There must be loads of them tucked away in corners of garages, barns and sheds.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Jeeze I wish I'd kept all my two strokes, but then again in the 80s early 90s you never thought they were going to be killed off in favour of 4 strokes, there were so many about then.
Where did they all go ? There must be loads of them tucked away in corners of garages, barns and sheds.
Wish id kept mine as well, only thing i have left 2stroke now is a polaris trailblazer

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
loved them. had a string of 250/350 LCs and before that aircooled RDs and X7s...... mind you managed to flip a few of them and put a few others into hedges lol... best one for me was a TZ350.. insane thing to ride, made all the others feel slow.

oh and a KX500 tuned in supermoto trim, still the most scary bike iv ever rode or raced to this day..

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
B7303503-84D7-4208-8D27-3AB5214BEB05.png
The fear of it blowing up takes the enjoyment away I find. Parts aren’t getting any easier to get.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
X7’s were great until they broke their cranks.
In Portadown lots of RD250’s were really 400’s. A mate of mine got done at 100 on the Gilford Road, a badge of honour especially as he was on a KH250.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
X7’s were great until they broke their cranks.
In Portadown lots of RD250’s were really 400’s. A mate of mine got done at 100 on the Gilford Road, a badge of honour especially as he was on a KH250.

I ended up in intensive care and taking over 2 years to walk again on a KH250 white ghost, although tbf when I got the external fixator off my leg and the plaster reduced to a half cast, I was able to bend my leg again, so I went out and bought an LC250 and slung it up the road again within 10 months, back into hospital again for bone grafts. lol. Ambulance crew were not happy when they scraped me up, with a plaster on my leg, my consultant even less impressed. So I waited until I could walk properly again before I bought TZR250 and moved on from there again. :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.