Where To Get Air-con Recharge???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
I see kwik fit are doing it from £49, anywhere does it cheaper or is that the going price???

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Its one of the better prices usually as they do the full works of changing the fluids, which is just as important, and then re-gassing. Plus if they dont get it cooler by X amount its free IIRC?

Just watch some places as some will only regas and nout else. Im near certain Turkington Pitstop in Belfast does it also as i recall a group buy before and he isnt hard paid :grinning:

josh897

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 Leon
i think like said above quikfit is £49, if it doesnt change temp its free

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
Systems only need a regas if they have leaked, ie there is a leak in the system somewere
Its best to get a pressure test, deep vacuum pulled then the correct charge weighed in

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
was just talkign about this today lol needa get the mondeo and the cali done, remember les at turkington doing the vectra but it made no difference so he didnt charge me :grinning:

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Greenaway auto electrics on beersbridge road. They do a full leak test when doing the aircon regas tho im sure anywhere doing it should preform a leak test first before regass.

Think it was £40 plus vat last time i got it done there tho they know what they are doing compared to some of the people who are in kwik fit. (Not saying everyone who works for kwikfit doesnt know what they are doing before anyone starts)

jshek007

RMS Regular
OP
jshek007
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Thanx everyone for the advice. My aircon just isn't as cold sa it use to be so thought i'll get it regassed for the summer. Theres also a smell now nut kwik fit charges an extra £20 for that. lol, i rung them up yesterday and apparently the good good weather has got everyone out to regas their cars as well. They are running out of gas and needs to reorder. lol

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Funny thing is air con is probably more useful in the winter time :confounded: You can buy cans of mould remover stuff for like a fiver i think i remember it being said, which is whats built up in the system to cause the smell, as the air con mustnt be used much?

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
2015 bump - anywhere particularly good in the Co Antrim area? I see Halfords selling kits now, but its bound to still be cheaper and better getting a pro to do it?

Fordo90

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 230
I do the air conditioning as well pm and I'll give you a price live in Belfast and come to your door

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I've a Transit and E39 needing done. Would be interested in a group buy/meeting somewhere too.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.