Where to start.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
When I did my test the lessons were £19 and I was only out with another student once. I used my own bike but the included bike rental if you needed it. The instructor never warned me about the couple of questions taking pillions and stuff after the test lucky they were common sense lol.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
My two lessons were both before the respective tests, and it was just the instructor and myself both times. With A+ Motoring

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
MOD2 passed this morning! Was a bag of nerves, but once I got out there I settled down. Was actually a nice route, plenty of country roads with 40/50/60 speeds. Shame it pissed down the whole time. Feels amazing to get it done, after the set backs from the restrictions.

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
MOD2 passed this morning! Was a bag of nerves, but once I got out there I settled down. Was actually a nice route, plenty of country roads with 40/50/60 speeds. Shame it pissed down the whole time. Feels amazing to get it done, after the set backs from the restrictions.
Congratulations.Enjoy your new freedom!!!

Lee

RMS Regular

Congratulations!

I don't know about you, but passing my bike test was just as good of a buzz as passing my driving test. And the learning part was much more enjoyable!

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Congrats mate. My test was postponed due to weather so hopefully not far behind you in the new year

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Congratulations!

I don't know about you, but passing my bike test was just as good of a buzz as passing my driving test. And the learning part was much more enjoyable!

Even more of a buzz for me I'd say! And as you say, definitely more fun to learn on a bike than in a car.

Congrats mate. My test was postponed due to weather so hopefully not far behind you in the new year

That's a shame mate. It will come around in no time. At the time when my MOD1 was cancelled because of lockdown, it felt like such a long time to wait. But looking back now, it really wasn't that long. Good luck when it comes around!

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Mod 2 passed this morning. Absolute breeze this time and delighted to get it done

Congrats @Alemsee got there at last! Great feeling isn't it? Looking back, the MOD2 was pretty handy for me. The route was a good mix of urban and rural and at 0945, not much traffic around. What route did you do?

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Handy enough run from lisburn test centre, out to Blaris and through some of the streets before heading back via the old coach road I think it’s called. Was on form today and like you say the feeling is fantastic!

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
It's a great feeling to get it done and out of the way, I did a couple of follow up lessons with my instructor just to get out as I hadn't got my bike yet and it was nice to get out without the pressure but still learn a few things.

We'll have to try and get a social distanced RMS bikers meet once this all settles down

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
It's a great feeling to get it done and out of the way, I did a couple of follow up lessons with my instructor just to get out as I hadn't got my bike yet and it was nice to get out without the pressure but still learn a few things.

We'll have to try and get a social distanced RMS bikers meet once this all settles down

It is indeed. I seem to have a lot of certificates now lol. CBT, theory, mod1, mod2

I’m surprised how comfortable I’ve become on the bike. Don’t get me wrong I have my moments of inexperience let’s say but I don’t feel out of place having never ridden before this.

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
That's good, it took me a while to get really comfortable where things are just second nature now. I think that might have been jumping from the XJ6 I learned on to my Z1000SX but I don't regret it. Think I learned more in the few months after getting the bike and just being out there because although you're being observant when on a lesson/test I wasn't relaxed enough to just ride naturally and was more focused on doing what I was told the whole time.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
That's good, it took me a while to get really comfortable where things are just second nature now. I think that might have been jumping from the XJ6 I learned on to my Z1000SX but I don't regret it. Think I learned more in the few months after getting the bike and just being out there because although you're being observant when on a lesson/test I wasn't relaxed enough to just ride naturally and was more focused on doing what I was told the whole time.
Know what you mean. I look forward to what I can learn on my own and from other riders too.

Got my insurance sorted there so just need to get out. Was able to get cover on use it other people bikes too which I was surprised but I guess I’m not a teenager anymore lol.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Can't remember specifically but over a certain CC on your own policy gets you other bikes cover normally.

Reactions: ALN

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Next couple of bits I want to get are heated grips, because I’m a girl, and a phone mount of some sort to use google maps.

Would also appreciate any maintenance advice, things to get.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
What bike is it you've bought? Phone mount - Ultimate Addons is probably the best bet

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Next couple of bits I want to get are heated grips, because I’m a girl, and a phone mount of some sort to use google maps.

Vessel no2 JIS screwdriver is money well spent for a Japanese bike or car, and even fits No2 phillips screws better than any screwdriver, ever.
Then check your front and rear spindles and get whatever socket or adaptor you need for those, along with a suitable torque wrench.
T handle hex keys and nut spinners are handy but not essential.

A nice loud feckoff horn is a good idea if your bike still has the standard one.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica

Plug puncture repair kit with CO2 canisters for reinflation. Saved me waiting goodness knows how long on the RAC before with punctures. Not a sexy accessory but worth its weight in gold.
I’ve a 03 hornet
-1 Sprocket up front, +2 on the back. Trust me. Made my 03 Hornet a totally different machine to ride. Only bike I’ve had that I genuinely regretted selling. Found it more fun than my Street Triple R dare I say.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Plug puncture repair kit with CO2 canisters for reinflation. Saved me waiting goodness knows how long on the RAC before with punctures. Not a sexy accessory but worth its weight in gold.

-1 Sprocket up front, +2 on the back. Trust me. Made my 03 Hornet a totally different machine to ride. Only bike I’ve had that I genuinely regretted selling. Found it more fun than my Street Triple R dare I say.
That’s the same sprockets I had on my CBR 600f and I’ll never forget the first time I cracked the throttle open too quick and near flipped it 😂

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
That’s the same sprockets I had on my CBR 600f and I’ll never forget the first time I cracked the throttle open too quick and near flipped it 😂
Did that myself lol. Honest to God I didn’t think it would make as much of a difference as it did. Bloody good engines those carburettored 600s. Real screamers.