Which Car Dryer?

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
Drives
MINI JCW
I'm looking to get one of these to go alongside the DI vessel. Question is which one to go for as there are so many (Blo Air, BigBoi, Vertool etc)
Is there any better than the others? I'm steering towards the Blo Air GT but happy to go with recommendations

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
currently no blo dryers at all in stock, carriage is just getting to wild, i do have the vertool dryer here great piece of kit £169.99.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
I have both the Blaster Sidekick (small and very portable, but only for water traps and wheels / mirrors)….. but liked the non touch drying it showed and upgraded to the Blo RS From @Davey@Procar a while ago….. it is excellent, but even better when paired with one of the available “rinse on/off” spray sealants such as Autosmart Aqua Seal Pro or even Demon Shine type stuff…. Also have a DI vessel from Vyair, but recently water tested it and it needs new resin meh!

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
OP
Lauren_E
Drives
MINI JCW
Just keep in mind, the car needs good protection on from the start. Even the best of blowers struggle with an unprotected car I’ve found.
Yeah the car is ceramic coated so hopefully shouldn’t have any issues there

J55NI

RMS Regular
Vertools are £162.97 from in2detailing using code; 10Percent
Decent dryer from my experience.

Sham1

RMS Regular
Anyone who has the vertool able to give the proper specs? the link above says 5.5hp motor, but then says it can run off a 13a plug. It also says 2800w. Something doesn’t tie up. 1hp = 756w.
2800w is realistic to run off a 13a plug, but not 5.5hp. Would need a 16a plug.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Vertools are £162.97 from in2detailing using code; 10Percent
Decent dryer from my experience.

The exact same as @Davey@Procar has listed above at almost the same price.

J55NI

RMS Regular
The exact same as @Davey@Procar has listed above at almost the same price.
The dryer is actually £152.97 from there with the discount code.

£10 postage brings it upto £162.97 and if she wants to order some other stuff at the same time given there's a 10 percent discount code for the total order its a good deal.

Last edited:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Just keep in mind, the car needs good protection on from the start. Even the best of blowers struggle with an unprotected car I’ve found.

Yes and no. Plenty of spray and rinse products out there that can do the job, without spending time/money on more expensive levels of protection, Anachem Ultragloss being one of them.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I sold my Big Boi GT, just took too long chasing water around and then there’s the hassle of pulling out the machine, plugging it in- extension cable etc…
Just got a better twisted loop drying towel and use it after a rinse off drying-aid - so much quicker

MarkM

RMS Regular
I sold my Big Boi GT, just took too long chasing water around and then there’s the hassle of pulling out the machine, plugging it in- extension cable etc…
Just got a better twisted loop drying towel and use it after a rinse off drying-aid - so much quicker

Everything plugged in to hand is the answer lol wouldn’t be without mine, hate touch drying! All I have to do is twist in the hose, beauty of the Blo GT is the hose is plenty long enough even from there to walk right round a car
AB22EB14-E36E-4462-8051-669014F5BEF6.jpeg

Sonny

RMS Photographer
I have one from Blo and it's great. Impreza tends to hold a lot of water in the boot shuts so handy for getting those dried out. Did the whole car earlier, took longer than towel obviously but wanted a touchless dry.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I towel dry most of the car but the air dryer is good for brakes, wheels, tyres, around lights, door shuts, window edges and mirrors.
All the places that dribble water for hours and if you take the car out the dust sticks to the dribbles!

A leaf blower is a good machine for drying too although with no heat it's slower.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
As good as the driers are if you have no protection on your car it’s a ball ache.

was experimenting on the van yesterday and the panels I put hybrid on 3 weeks ago still had beading and as a result dried off easily.
The unprotected panels did fry off with the heat but with no beading it was just flat water kinda sticking to the panels if you get what I mean.

it did allow me to give the van a complete wipe down immediately and I’m so glad I did in the end

@MarkM - that’s a class looking setup!