Which car? Impreza wanted

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Mk1 Audi TT? Sh1te loads of change for mods.

Has to have 5 seats, and preferably 4/5 doors. I specifically sold the CL500 because despite its side, it was a nightmare trying to get in and out of the back of

colin84

RMS Regular
Has to have 5 seats, and preferably 4/5 doors. I specifically sold the CL500 because despite its side, it was a nightmare trying to get in and out of the back of

Ah right, I didn't see that in your check list.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
If you can get that wagon for less than 2k and it’s not rotten in the usual places you won’t go far wrong. Plenty of winter fun, a few choice mods and you won’t loose anything on it either.

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Man, trying to find a nice Impreza is an absolute nightmare :joy:

I've tried to buy 4, and they've all literally just sold as I've phoned up, or the seller says someone is coming at the weekend and they want them to see it first because they asked first. Then there's a real nice Blobeye, and the guys phone has been off for days.

At this stage, I'm giving up on finding a decent classic shape, and am now looking for Blobeyes, preferably with Prodrive/PPP pack. Unless a decent classic comes up

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
The only problem with classics is as mentioned rust or been ruined! Or if it’s mint/newly imported from Japan it will be expensive. You could touch for a nice big or blob wrx and mod it. They are a bit meh in standard form.

schoolboy

RMS Regular
I have a nice genuine 99 Turbo 2000. Had it for years.
74k genuine miles
Ecutek remap with a genuine walbro pump , up front it has 4 pot brake calipers, STI rear lights and a magnex rear exhaust. Carbon STI front strut but it's a Fairly standard car tbh
It has 100% solid rear arches too as I paid over 1k to have them properly repaired and I have a the receipt to prove. Might seem excessive but I wanted the job done properly.
3/4 years ago I fitted new front struts new top mounts, new brake disc stone guards, new suspension bolts ( genuine Subaru ) , the front 4 pot brakes were stripped to the bare bones and rebuilt with stainless pistons. The rear calipers were also rebuilt with new pistons and seals, I fitted new Stainless brake lines front and rear. It was given a new timing belt (have the receipt) and new timing belt cover bolts, new filters etc. The Sills are solid too.
It does around 500 miles a year at most.
Are they worth much these days ?

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
74k genuine miles
Ecutek remap with a genuine walbro pump , up front it has 4 pot brake calipers, STI rear lights and a magnex rear exhaust. Carbon STI front strut but it's a Fairly standard car tbh
It has 100% solid rear arches too as I paid over 1k to have them properly repaired and I have a the receipt to prove. Might seem excessive but I wanted the job done properly.
3/4 years ago I fitted new front struts new top mounts, new brake disc stone guards, new suspension bolts ( genuine Subaru ) , the front 4 pot brakes were stripped to the bare bones and rebuilt with stainless pistons. The rear calipers were also rebuilt with new pistons and seals, I fitted new Stainless brake lines front and rear. It was given a new timing belt (have the receipt) and new timing belt cover bolts, new filters etc. The Sills are solid too.
Nope mate, worth nothing. You seem a nice fella though so i will make a generous offer of £1,000. Let me know when you want me to pick it up.

What colour is it?

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy

andy_b

RMS Regular
74k genuine miles
Any pics?

Sonny

RMS Photographer
That is very cheap given the work that's been done to it. Ideal family car...wonder could I talk the missus into it? lol

It may have sold or else the ad has expired but there is/was another quite similar except it had the STI engine dropped in too

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
You had one. Sure you would hardly want another @southsky sunrise . Sure they rust and blow up all the time. No value in them at all.....
FD0A0E81-3718-4F21-8DFF-FABDD1051A1C.jpeg

she’s was no vauxhall nova like :joy:

schoolboy

RMS Regular
IMG_4403.JPG

Here she is .
Forgot to mention new valve cover gaskets, new discs, pads and a wheel refurb. She's fitted with STI alloy front suspension arms too. I might have gotten carried away with new parts at the time tbh. But may aswell do a thing right.

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
That looks and sounds a lovely car. What’s the miles on it and what sort of price would you think it’s worth?

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
View attachment 262855
Here she is .
Forgot to mention new valve cover gaskets, new discs, pads and a wheel refurb. She's fitted with STI alloy front suspension arms too. I might have gotten carried away with new parts at the time tbh. But may aswell do a thing right.

If you're maybe thinking of selling it, let me know. Provided I haven't got anything else before hand I'd be interested in having a look at it

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
View attachment 262855
Here she is .
Your inbox is full

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I got one sorted, going to pick it up tommorow (provided all is well with it)

Not the best example, but neither was it the worst either. Was uploaded on eBay and facebook for £2,495 a few days ago, but seen it dropped to £2,195 and offered him £2,000 which he was happy enough with

Small bit of rust round the driver's arch. There is underseal in the rear arches which worries me a little, however I can weld anyway and the underside isn't undersealed and actually looks fairly good

Flying over in the morning, and going for the Cairnryan to Belfast boat tommorow evening. As long as it runs and drives ok, it'll do me for a weekend reasonably priced fun but practical car. Travel costs should be under £300 flying, collecting and bringing it back