Which Crew-cab Pickup...?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Coog your one bollox!!!

Going to go and have a wee nosey at a terracan tomorrow if the dealer still has it, just out of curiosity lol

Can see this ending in tears, going down the years but having less miles and silly fuel bills thern forking for lpg lol

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
The freelanders arent bad, I think they have the highest towing capacity in their class. Disco 3 manual will return 26-28mpg, auto a few less. Some have had problems with suspension but when you research on the net, a lot more people are on complaining about faults than saying "my car started and ran perfectly today".

I loved my D3, for towing, using as a van and general comfort, with a remap they can be made to go even better.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Cheers for the input.

26mpg I could live with. What were the recalls for, if you remember? If I was looking at a specific 1, I would hope Nissan could do a check to see if they've been carried out. I'm well used to brutal steering lock anyway with the Terrano..

Seat belt re-tensioners & Alloy wheels develop cracks on them!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Coog your one bollox!!!

Going to go and have a wee nosey at a terracan tomorrow if the dealer still has it, just out of curiosity lol

Can see this ending in tears, going down the years but having less miles and silly fuel bills thern forking for lpg lol

haha I like the way they look :oops:

The Ozzies love them. They haven't caught on here (yet). I want to get one before someone realises that they're actually pretty good and the prices increase. I've had a tinker at one in tech and they're a proper offroader (indy front suspension being the only down side).

35's :laughing:

getfile.aspx

other_11.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

You may also think the Sorento is soft as crap but I'd take it over most other machines. A great tow wagon. Mate has one on the farm and it's outlasted their previous Shogun by quite a few years now (it's getting a horrible time and still doing 100%)

Nicky

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky
Drives
HiluxSurf
The freelanders arent bad, I think they have the highest towing capacity in their class. Disco 3 manual will return 26-28mpg, auto a few less. Some have had problems with suspension but when you research on the net, a lot more people are on complaining about faults than saying "my car started and ran perfectly today".

I had a 2005 TD4 Freelander and it wasn't a bad article. Not big enough for towing a transporter or her horse box (1120kg unladen + 2 500kg horses is a bit much for the 2ltr engine IMO), plus the lack of selectable drive and no low/high doesn't go down well with me though.

Coog - Those Terracans look very similar to the Tata Safari. I'll maybe look into them a bit more.

Reactions: ALN

MrDave

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E39
My mates brother has a Navarra... Its on its second engine and isnt used that hard, not as hard as towing a horsebox anyway.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Terracan has a towing limit of 2800kgs, as does a Landcruiser. Mitsi shoguns go up to 3300kgs. Granted those are legal weights but with the ever tightening arm of the law regarding trailers, it might be something to consider.

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Dad has a pathfinder on 20s and the tyres aren't cheap nor do they last to long with chunks missing etc and the tax is pretty pricey on it too but its a lovely big yoke! He still misses his terrano sport though! Im In the states at the minute and seeing plenty of these-

http://touch.toyota.com/tundra/index.html

And also witnessed a nice big dodge ram in Walmart last night setting off all sorts or car alarms on the route out lol!

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Brother had a Navara which was already on its second engine. Span the shell bearings again, had to get rid in favor of a Ford Ranger which is frankly brilliant. Great Pickup, has me in the notion for one in the winter time :grinning:

Dad has a 2.5D4D Hilux which is great, full leather, all the toys. Its hard to beat, but the Ranger is up there.

Nicky

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky
Drives
HiluxSurf
Yeah Mark, I'd be tempted by a Ranger Thunder. The aul lad had 1 there which he got brand new and it was flawless, though a touch boaty. It pulled ridiculously well, and even had more poke left in the tank when cruising at 80mph or so. Never did go much more myself. It had a tow bar on it, but the most it ever pulled was a couple of motorbikes, so I'm not sure on its capabilities that way. It was loaded with 6 disc CD changer, soft leather/alcantara, alloys, side steps, a stupidly awkward Armadillo tub cover which made the tub very small, RCL, etc etc.

The only thing I don't like about the Ford is the depreciation. They seem to drop like a stone compared to the other trucks, but if I was buying something it would be to hold on to for a right while, which is kinda why I want to buy right from the get go.

Gambit

RMS Regular
My sister has a rodeo, and has had it about 5yrs now, only thing its needed is a clutch, she uses it for pulling horsebox tho cant remember if its a 1 or 2 horsebox - she thinks its great never let her down once, has the big wheels, sidesteps, hard tonneau cover - looks the part also

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Yeah Mark, I'd be tempted by a Ranger Thunder. The aul lad had 1 there which he got brand new and it was flawless, though a touch boaty. It pulled ridiculously well, and even had more poke left in the tank when cruising at 80mph or so. Never did go much more myself. It had a tow bar on it, but the most it ever pulled was a couple of motorbikes, so I'm not sure on its capabilities that way. It was loaded with 6 disc CD changer, soft leather/alcantara, alloys, side steps, a stupidly awkward Armadillo tub cover which made the tub very small, RCL, etc etc.

The only thing I don't like about the Ford is the depreciation. They seem to drop like a stone compared to the other trucks, but if I was buying something it would be to hold on to for a right while, which is kinda why I want to buy right from the get go.

yeah his is a Thunder as well. Some toys in it.

Its brilliant for towing, Itll tow anything you hook it up to.

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
Hilux is the Daddy......!

towing capacity is pish poor on Hi Lux absolutely terrible, illegal to tow most horseboxes with a hi lux, even though they are very capable of doing so, can be as low as 2.2 tonnes or worse. We are on the limit with the warrior and a 2.8tonne towing capacity which until recently was the best of any Pick Up. The new ford yoke has gone to 3.5 tonne which is amazing really considering how little weight is over the rear end.

If you need to tow legally Nicky avoid the Hi Lux even the most bang up to date model maxes out at 2.5tonne braked load

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
Terracan has a towing limit of 2800kgs, as does a Landcruiser. Mitsi shoguns go up to 3300kgs. Granted those are legal weights but with the ever tightening arm of the law regarding trailers, it might be something to consider.

LWB only again for the Shogun with that towing cap, think its 2.8 for all the SWB. Turning circle is atrocious, like my L200 on the LWB shogun of the age Nicky is looking at

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
My mates brother has a Navarra... Its on its second engine and isnt used that hard, not as hard as towing a horsebox anyway.

How old is she? And what Mileage?

Feck I'm the same as B-Lorenzo. Have a 2009 Navara. I'm in love with her, awesome so far, never l;et me down, and i've horsed it through some snow drifts before, and had her out in the sea on portstewart strand. She has had some horsing around.

Towed, sheep trailors full of sheep no probs, towed cartlons full of parts, on car trailors. Never questioned her abilities.

Granted not easy on fuel, but what 4*4 is. Have 35k on the clocks, and happy as hell with her. Needed a clutch though not so long aog.

Recall on mine for wheels, same as B-Lorenzo for developing cracks, Nothing workng with mine, but they replaced the rims anyhow.

If you were getting one, I'd advise with Parking sensors, make life a hell of a lot easier, with the long behind on them. LOl.

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
How old is she? And what Mileage?

Feck I'm the same as B-Lorenzo. Have a 2009 Navara. I'm in love with her, awesome so far, never l;et me down, and i've horsed it through some snow drifts before, and had her out in the sea on portstewart strand. She has had some horsing around.

Towed, sheep trailors full of sheep no probs, towed cartlons full of parts, on car trailors. Never questioned her abilities.

Granted not easy on fuel, but what 4*4 is. Have 45k on the clocks, and happy as hell with her.

Recall on mine for wheels, same as B-Lorenzo for developing cracks, Nothing workng with mine, but they replaced the rims anyhow.

If you were getting one, I'd advise with Parking sensors, make life a hell of a lot easier, with the long behind on them. LOl.

Yeah but yours aint 2004-2005 big fella. I can confirm that Karlos Navara gets severe Abuse LOL

Landcruisers seem to be some wagon but by **** they hold their money well for a good one

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Not sure about the Uk but there was one sitting on my bumper in Germany last week.
Bit og googling found an interior snap:
2011-ford-f-150-SVT-raptor-interior-view.jpg