Which pads for buffing after wetsanding

pablo

RMS Moderator
Hi all, been painting a few bits and more to go so Id like to get a decent set of pads to do the post wetsand buff.

Any recommendations?

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Interested in this too as I've some panels I need to wet sand and buff after paint. The go to for the initial cut used to be lambs wool as they don't heat up the same, then there's also microfibre ones now which I've seen some people use. I've had decent results with the wool but would be good to hear from someone in the game!

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I imagine you would take the same precautions as you would with any paint. Start with something soft and work your way up.

I know the Rupes yellow pad is really versatile. It can cut with a heavier liquid, but can also finish down on less abrasive liquids.

Like most paint buffing/polishing related things, there isn't a specific answer to the question.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Was speaking with Big Pete this week and he’s very taken with the Zvizzer pads and compounds at the moment.... had a look and they appear to be a very open foam compound which give good cut and so t clog up as easily! Think Polishedandwaxed online or in Bangor if you’re local stock the range!