Which reasonably priced supernaked ?

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
Just parted ways with my 954 blade, it was an awesome bike perfectly sorted and easy to ride but a herniated disc in my lower back limited my ability to be on it longer than an hour.

So I'm now on the lookout for a super naked to keep me occupied, the list is so far

Ktm 990 superduke
Speed triple 1050
Tuono gen1/2

Potential parties in consideration but not with the same enthusiasm are the cb1000r or z1000.

Anything I should consider which I'm not ?

Bike will be back road blasting, some coast touring and usual road races. 4k budget
20190426_165528.jpg

If anyone has or knows of one of the above reasonably priced drop me a pm.

Cheers Matt

Reactions: Lee

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Consider an adventure style bike? Not that I have one for sale but they're definitely a hoot to ride and much more comfortable and capable than people would like to admit.

Matti_f

RMS Regular
OP
Matti_f
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
@Dusty Not that I haven't considered by the style/looks never really appealed to me. Having said that I wouldn't rule out any bike until I've ridden it.

@Slimsbikers that's my thought i love a character to my bikes and the triple engine is fantastic. The seem to hold their money well too

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
@Dusty Not that I haven't considered by the style/looks never really appealed to me. Having said that I wouldn't rule out any bike until I've ridden it.

@Slimsbikers that's my thought i love a character to my bikes and the triple engine is fantastic. The seem to hold their money well too
Had both the standard Speed Triple and the Speed Triple R and tbh,the standard model is better for our roads.Fitted a lowboy exhaust and she popped like a machine gun on the overrun :grinning: .Standard seat is fine for couple of hours riding but comfort seats can be picked up for round £60/£70 and do make a difference.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V

The more I see them and try them, the more sense they make to be honest. I do believe my next bike will be something along those lines. For now the Ducati is scratching all my itches :joy:

Matti_f

RMS Regular
OP
Matti_f
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
Right so looking at 3 bikes, all will be roughly 4k delivered to NI

2007 Superduke 23k
  1. Full Akra carbon tip pipes,
  2. Heal-tech quick shifter,
  3. Power commander,
  4. Bonamucci racing rear sets,
  5. R&G racing engine covers,
  6. Full GB racing crash bobbins

2007 Speed Triple
Standard bike bar a low boy Arrow pipe

2008 Tuono Factory Edition
  1. bike was a cat C in 2013 fully repair and immaculate
  2. Twin Akras
  3. 30K
  4. More modern with ohlins forks/shock and radial brembos
Which would you guys go for ? All similar ages all similar money delivery to me from mainland to NI

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I've a tigersport 1050 and I love the way the engine just pulls steady from low down to max. It's such a lovely steady power delivery for a road bike and I imagine the speed triple is similar, but a bit more powerful. Plus I love the SS swingarm and the twin lights.

I've always wanted a KTM and they are probably a bit more "nutter". If it is black with orange frame that I'd be very keen.

Tuono I know little about. Nice V twin soundtrack, a bit "nutter" but I get the feeling they are more fragile in terms of starter and electrics. Plus harder to get parts for maybe?

I'd probably fancy the KTM, especially because of the Akras.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
I've had a super duke... Loved it, superb fun... Would deco buy another.... Maybe slightly more suited to shorter blasts. Also had a street triple R, unreal road bike capable of everything.... Superb comfort ( I also have two badly herniated discs) I think street/speed triple better alriund bike.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@Matti_f i saw one on facebook for sale in cookstown not so long ago hes had it for ages i think it was 6,400 im sure he would take less

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
I had a Speed Triple 1050 15th Anniversary Special Edition and loved it; absolute hoot to ride and always got looks and comments wherever I went. Something a bit different to the identikit Jap nakeds.

My mate had a Superduke. Again great bike but a bit more full-on than the Triumph.

I wouldn't even consider an Aprilia. Most owners I know have a nightmare getting parts for them.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Had both the standard Speed Triple and the Speed Triple R and tbh,the standard model is better for our roads.Fitted a lowboy exhaust and she popped like a machine gun on the overrun :grinning: .Standard seat is fine for couple of hours riding but comfort seats can be picked up for round £60/£70 and do make a difference.

What about a Ducati Monster? I know of a nice one coming up for sale shortly :laughing: Either way you're welcome to have a go on mine and see what you think of it.

I'm actually going the opposite way, for all the riding I'm getting to do I'm thinking of going back to the sportsbike for sh*ts and giggles......