Which Rotary polisher?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RCT

RMS Regular
Ok fed up either replacing the brushes or the complete normal seally/silver line polishers in my garages. Can't afford the down time. What's a decent rotary to go for these days? Milwaukee, rupes or makita etc?

Not after a dual action, which seems to be what most places sell. Anyone able to help?

RoniN

RMS Regular
I have a Makita and it's bullet proof.
Bought a Milwaukee as a backup and it's all I use now. So small and light, brilliant machine.

Cheers

hippyross

RMS Regular
I've had one these for about a year now, very very light compared to my old makita polisher and no problems.
3m_polisher.jpg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Why not a DA out of interest? Long throw Das are now leagues ahead of rotaries, particularly on modern paint. In fact out of all machines the rotary is usually a last resort now lol

I love the rupes brand. However if you are specifically after a rotary check out Fein. Mine is 7 years old now and utterly flawless, it's by far and away the most beautifully balanced rotary I have ever used.

Not too heavy and not too light, very quiet and the casing is very well shaped which makes.it comfortable for prolonged use

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
here at procar we keep the full range of the rupes da polishers but I do have the light weight rotary polisher here aswell, I got 1 in there so the like of the body shop ppl can see it. your more than welcome to come have a look at it and also the rupes other machines.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I use a rupes rotary great polisher, just the right weight etc imo. Also use the rupes bigfoot da, both similar feel machines ergonomically which is a plus.

Also used the seally one though not a fan of it, big clumbsy and feel like I'm using an angel grinder lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.