White 2010 Mk6 Golf GTI 3 Door

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JTDi

RMS Regular
After having a (very) short fling with a Mk5 GTI and LOVING it (and spending far too much money on it in a short amount of time, completely unplanned lol) ... I was considering a Mk6 GTI and drooling at the thought of a Mk7 Golf R. Caught myself on and bought this wee gem of a Mk6 GTI.

White
Manual 6-Speed
3 Door
79k Miles
Winter Pack
Dynaudio
Heated Tartan Cloth Interior
FBMFSW

And the rest of the usual GTI Refinements.

No idea what the plans are ... but most likely an Intake, Exhaust and Remap to begin with lol :laughing:

It's completely standard at the moment. Wheels have just been freshly Diamond Cut, and has Michelin PS3's all-round :grinning:

Only one picture so far:

IMG_0371.JPG

C&C Welcome as always (y)

Last edited:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Health to spend and possibly lose money on :p

I could not be bothered!

Looks great in white, they really upped their game with the mk6 and 7 golf's.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lovely stuff. Great to have the tartan too.

I was looking for a 5 door Mk6 with sub 50k but could not find one.

Build quality is great on the Mk6 GTi/D, much better than the models lower in the range.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Great cars . But make sure has revised timing belt tensioner. Mine failed on xmas day and doesnt look like going to be a cheap fix . Did you buy from charles hurst dundonald ?

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
My brother has a forge intake for sale from his mk6 gti if that's any interest. Also has a bcs power valve turbo back.

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Health to spend and possibly lose money on :p

I could not be bothered!

Looks great in white, they really upped their game with the mk6 and 7 golf's.

Haha it's my guilty pleasure / hobby!

Yeah they really did! Such a nice thing to drive :grinning:

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Lovely stuff. Great to have the tartan too.

I was looking for a 5 door Mk6 with sub 50k but could not find one.

Build quality is great on the Mk6 GTi/D, much better than the models lower in the range.

It wouldn't be a GTI to me if it didn't have the tartan! The leather just isn't right!

I originally wanted a 5 door as my Mk5 was a 5 door but this came up and I couldn't say no. Wanted a DSG but again I was impatient and bought this but the manual is a great drive! I've never actually driven a DSG, I'm just a lazy sod and prefer an auto lol

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Nice little upgrade!

I'm loving your old Mk5, although my bank account isn't (new headunit, vag-com and some other bits on their way!)

Thanks buddy!

Haha the money is too easily spent on them! You'll fall into the same trap as I did, it's addictive spending money on them!

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Great cars . But make sure has revised timing belt tensioner. Mine failed on xmas day and doesnt look like going to be a cheap fix . Did you buy from charles hurst dundonald ?

Rookie question - how can I check that?

I didn't mate no - bought from England :grinning:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Crap new car thread with one rubbish pic ffs! :p

Tartan seats are a must on a GTI for me, I have a strange craving for a totally standard Mk5 Candy White 3 door GTI with tartan seats and Monzas, never even been in one so not quite sure why! Ha!

Call down to P&C so I can get a peek at this James. :grinning:

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
@JTDi not sure there is easy way to check unless you give vw a ring or look at previous receipts. 09/10 models are most likely to fail

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
I heard VW are not now making any good will gesture once it fails. Used to be a three way split - You, VW and the VW dealer. If it's not been changed - get it booked in. I know of three that failed on 2010 GTI's

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Thanks to @BBSBOY 's earlier comment .... this happened tonight:

IMG_0381.JPG

18" Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 with Michelin Pilot Super Sports

IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG

Full BCS PowerValve Exhaust with Black Exhaust Tips - got it with both a Sports-Cat and a De-Cat pipe

IMG_0392.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG

APR Direct-Fit K04 Turbo

IMG_0391.JPG

Forge Intake​

Things have progressed faster than I had planned lol. Anyone able to tell me what sort of BHP the standard clutch can handle?

Also need recommendations for an intercooler - without blowing a fortune on one.

Need to get Coil-packs and new NGK plugs too to have all this fitted and mapped lol :party:

Last edited:

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Crap new car thread with one rubbish pic ffs! :p

Tartan seats are a must on a GTI for me, I have a strange craving for a totally standard Mk5 Candy White 3 door GTI with tartan seats and Monzas, never even been in one so not quite sure why! Ha!

Call down to P&C so I can get a peek at this James. :grinning:

Lol I haven't had a chance yet!

Will do G :grinning:

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
******* hell, you're no slouch!
I'm almost jealous with the Ko4, it'll be interesting to see if it puts the power down, mine struggles with ~280

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.