White 2010 Mk6 Golf GTI 3 Door

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
******* hell, you're no slouch!
I'm almost jealous with the Ko4, it'll be interesting to see if it puts the power down, mine struggles with ~280

Haha no fun in hanging around mate.

Yeah my Mk5 that @StephenMcC has now was dyno'd at 269.8bhp and I had brand new Michelin PS4's up front, and it couldn't get grip until 4th in the wet lol. Some going thing in the dry though! :laughing:

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Ohhh I want that K04.

3rd gear in the dry is still difficult with the PS4's as it is...

LSD might be next :p

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Nice work! That will be a bit of a beast with the K04 and other bits when mapped. It will be a nightmare to get grip though as you're looking at around 340bhp+ and 340lbft at that spec, my old Cupra had around that and it was useless on anything but a warm dry road until well into 3rd gear....if you can, get a diff for it they are around £750-800 new but you might pick one up off the forums for cheaper

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Literally nothing done to this yet lol (n) Work has just been too busy!

Finally got a couple of quick snaps last night. It was washed last Friday and I haven't looked at it since as I've been driving the Caddy :oops:

Here she is:

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

As you can see, a lovely, standard, unabused example. I can't get over how nice it is to drive, very quiet, subtle and refined. But really loves to rev and go when you want it too.

I still have a hankering for a Mk7 R DSG, or even a Focus RS, amongst a few other things. So I'm not sure about the future of this GTI lol :oops:

neil-c

RMS Regular
Lovely car! I've been driving a 2010 2.0TSI scirocco for nearly 4 years and I still love it. Starting to worry about the timing chain tensioner though but so far in 4 years all I've had to do is replace the inlet manifold (£160 part) due to a fault showing in the flap sensor but that was done under warranty.
Does anyone have any recommendations for replacing the tensioner? And how much it costs?
(Sorry for the thread hijack)

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Why are all the bits for sale? You not keeping it?

No @Lyons like I say I still have a want for a Mk7 R with the DSG box, or even a Focus RS as I've always liked them and they're doing well with their value. So will enjoy driving this as it is for a while (most likely a few weeks lol) and then onwards and upwards again! :party:

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Lovely car! I've been driving a 2010 2.0TSI scirocco for nearly 4 years and I still love it. Starting to worry about the timing chain tensioner though but so far in 4 years all I've had to do is replace the inlet manifold (£160 part) due to a fault showing in the flap sensor but that was done under warranty.
Does anyone have any recommendations for replacing the tensioner? And how much it costs?
(Sorry for the thread hijack)
I was too late and my tensioner broke a few weeks so engine all needs to be rebuild but on mk6 gti forums to Roughly around 500 for just tensioner from an independent garage or 560 with a new chain which is recommended.

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
A picture Davy sent me across, he's giving it a good once over to have it advertised this weekend:

IMG_0713.JPG

If any fellow RMS'er is interested in a really nice GTI, give me a message and I'll keep you right (y)

2010, 3 Door, White, Just turned 80,000, Heated Tartan Interior, 2 keys etc all there :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.