White Mk7 GTI Performance Pack

steaa

RMS Regular
OP
steaa
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
To go along with the other red touches on the vehicle I have now got a set of GTI Clubsport centre caps. I think they look really smart -

Picture from CarniifeX on golfmk7 forum as I haven't fitted them yet -
b82c62735141f39e863e9f4fbf4568ec.jpg

Last edited:

steaa

RMS Regular
OP
steaa
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Another overdue update... I finally found a set the rare lightweight VW Clubsport Belvedere wheels for sale in Germany so had them shipped over. They are in excellent condition with barely a mark, super light as well so I’m very pleased. A set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s will most likely go on them very shortly.

Aside from that, my new registration is ready to go on.. it won’t mean anything to anyone other than me as it’s my name but I like it and that’s the main thing.

8A0D9463-4BC2-41E5-9060-45F7227F0964.jpeg

8AF12986-57BD-4EB8-8EC9-E647C25BBCCA.jpeg

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
Another overdue update... I finally found a set the rare lightweight VW Clubsport Belvedere wheels for sale in Germany so had them shipped over. They are in excellent condition with barely a mark, super light as well so I’m very pleased. A set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s will most likely go on them very shortly.

Aside from that, my new registration is ready to go on.. it won’t mean anything to anyone other than me as it’s my name but I like it and that’s the main thing.

View attachment 225947
View attachment 225948

Love those wheels- I'd love a Clubsport 40.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I’m trying to figure out what it spells ^o)
Are you daft it spells S60URL . Like he said it will mean nothing to us but it does to him .thats all that matters and he is rite cos I have got no feckin clue what his name is lol. Guess it’s like S Burley or sommit .

steaa

RMS Regular
OP
steaa
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Nice, you must find a good difference with the reduced weight?
Yeah it’s a pretty noticeable difference. Surprised me to be honest.

The stock Austin wheels w/ tires are pretty heavy anyway. I must weigh them just to see how big a difference there is on each corner as I’m sure it adds up to quite a bit.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
How are you finding this long term? I have a deposit on one in England that I hope to collect over the next few days.

Where did you find the clubsport wheels, German ebay?

steaa

RMS Regular
OP
steaa
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
How are you finding this long term? I have a deposit on one in England that I hope to collect over the next few days.

Where did you find the clubsport wheels, German ebay?

Actually been really happy with it. No issues and still as solid as the day I got it. The only thing I’d probably wish it had was the larger infotainment system but that’s just being picky.

The wheels come from Räder Zentrum Osnabrück and they’ve an eBay shop too I think. I’m a big fan of the wheels, I think they look great on it.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Actually been really happy with it. No issues and still as solid as the day I got it. The only thing I’d probably wish it had was the larger infotainment system but that’s just being picky.

The wheels come from Räder Zentrum Osnabrück and they’ve an eBay shop too I think. I’m a big fan of the wheels, I think they look great on it.
Yeah I agree, they're a lovely wheel. I must take a nosey at their shop.

I wasnt sure if I should go dsg or manual but opted for manual in the end.

Yours looks great (y)

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular

Yours looks great (y)
What made you go for manual ? Just everyone is saying Mel should go for DSG in an S3. The GTi I looked at the other day was manual so just assumed we'd be better looking at a DSG one I seen , even though i still think I'd prefer a manual despite having never drivin a DSG.

On a side note the sales guy said it had the bigger infotainment screen but I'm not sure if that's true.
These are the 2 cars.

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI

Yours looks great (y)

Good choice on manual. While I enjoy and appreciate aspects of my DSG, I don’t think I’ll ever go for anything other than a manual again.

What made you go for manual ? Just everyone is saying Mel should go for DSG in an S3. The GTi I looked at the other day was manual so just assumed we'd be better looking at a DSG one I seen , even though i still think I'd prefer a manual despite having never drivin a DSG.

On a side note the sales guy said it had the bigger infotainment screen but I'm not sure if that's true.
These are the 2 cars.

I think in the current S3 you’ve no option to get a manual.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i

These are the 2 cars.

I had DSG in my 7.5R. Dont get me wrong it's a decent box and has its advantages such as the dsg farts, how it works so well with the ACC and being automatic. However, in the several DSG cars I have had (mk5 R32 and the R) I found it to be quite jerky at slow speeds. I much preferred the BMW ZF box in my F31 330d.

I test drove a manual GTI and I enjoyed it, felt good being more involved in the driving experience. Dont get me wrong the DSG is a decent box but this time round I fancied the manual, especially in the GTI.

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Can fault the dsg box on the 7.5 pp gti would find it hard to go back to the manual even after only a few months

steaa

RMS Regular
OP
steaa
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R

Had the car detailed by a local guy a few weeks back. Very pleased with how it turned out as the paintwork had quite a bit of swirls/cobwebs up close. Looking immaculate now though.