White Silver Golf R 7.5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Well it has finally arrived! This was ordered back in early March but due to a few hiccups in Germany with the transportation it has only just arrived.

I have to say I was impressed with how Agnew VW on Boucher Road handled the delay and also looked after me when I had sold the BMW to ensure I wasn’t left without a car!

The spec is as follows:

White Silver 5dr
DSG
Dynaudio Excite Sound Pack
Dynamic Chassic Control
Rear View Camera
19” Black Pretoria wheels
Rear Tints (90%)
Climate Controlled Heated Windscreen
Electric Panoramic Roof
Keyless Entry & Go
Lane Assist with Dynamic Lighting

The car was delivered to @big_pete at PMG with most of the delivery coverings still in place, Agnews only removed what they needed to in order to PDI it at my request. The car was treated to a GTechniq Ultra coating as well as having the wheels and glass treated. The level of finish and gloss achieved by PMG was outstanding. Pete also kindly fitted my gloss black mirror covers and rear performance lip spoiler for me prior to me picking it up.

I picked the car up from Pete tonight with only 10 miles on the clock....and decided to put another 90 on it to get home via the Coast Road and through Glenariff.

The Dynaudio is excellent and dare I say, better than the Harmon Kardon system in my previous BMW (which was also extremely good). The DCC is also a lot more noticeable between modes than the adaptive was on the BMW. The car just feels totally planted no matter what you throw at it. I haven’t given it a proper blast yet as I want to run it in a bit first but so far I’m extremely impressed.

The seats are very comfortable, I stuck with cloth as I wasn’t a fan of VW leather. The centre console, connectivity and virtual cockpit are all excellent and make you feel that you are in something very modern. The illuminated door sills and ambient lighting are also a nice touch.

I forgot to tell Agnews not to drill the plates on but I have a new set ordered through @Neil@rockvale so that should tidy it up a bit.

Anyway, here’s a few pictures.

FA09106A-3BC7-49F6-8E9D-B7808CE01B5F.jpeg
C3E93975-BE5F-4418-86CF-0BABF2A28070.jpeg
F40DD1C9-54B3-4301-994A-DD43ACF84BF8.jpeg
E27AAF59-67E7-4E98-8FA1-C2BCD1B7989B.jpeg
226820AC-9E8F-41E3-90DE-6941F59C4BA0.jpeg
48DC2B34-BA9F-498A-BCE9-C45A1EB013C7.jpeg
0F589DB9-766E-48D6-97B9-768D695833B4.jpeg
22FF5D21-C474-43BE-9396-A84CFF90688D.jpeg
2FCDB160-9CF1-49FC-8CE6-B9C5A29B8031.jpeg
58050E07-7AE3-481C-B86A-0736BA68CD5F.jpeg

Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Also made use of Carista to do a few tweaks, seatbelt warning, indicator flash from 3 - 5 etc. It’s a gift to use.
83F6E533-14A1-40DD-A4FF-D7ADBDF00991.png

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Superb! After seeing @jonny_w’s in the flesh I think it’s one of the most unique and stunning manufacturers colours out there

Health to enjoy!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Tremendous (y) Colour is class. I think the facelift cloth interior is nicer than the leather too. Lip on the spoiler and mirror caps finish it off nicely

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Absolutely superb, pics don't capture the colour properly, can't wait to see it in the metal.

Good call on the cloth interior, I'm the same with leather, I really don't like it.

Health to enjoy the new car Nick. :grinning:

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Thanks folks, I’m over the moon with it and very happy with the colour/spec I went for.

I can’t stop looking at it! Every time I look at the colour it seems different.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Awesome colour and the nicest in a golf but I’m biased. Health to drive and enjoy, thankfully they didn’t drill my plates but you cant remove the black surround so not a big issue.

I need to order a Carista to have a play with.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Fantastic! I’m sure you are delighted with it. Made the right choice then?

Super spec on it too.

AC

RMS Regular
That is lovely @NickR85, great spec! I’m sure you can’t stop smiling!

The facelift cloth interior is a vast improvement on the old cloth, it looks superb. Health to drive!

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
That is lovely, some amount of white silver golfs on the road now.

Interior looks like a nice place to be.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Wagon, that looks great nick, the long wait has paid off. In this weather the coast road is hard to beat.

Good run in and then a few launches required

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Fantastic! I’m sure you are delighted with it. Made the right choice then?

Super spec on it too.
I’m over the moon with it and glad I went for the extra spec.

That is lovely, some amount of white silver golfs on the road now.

Interior looks like a nice place to be.

I’ll be honest I’ve seen very few, I’ve no doubt now I have it that I’ll actually see them everywhere. Happened when I bough the F31 :joy:

Wagon, that looks great nick, the long wait has paid off. In this weather the coast road is hard to beat.

Good run in and then a few launches required
Yeah that’s the plan...the sales manager was telling me about launching his. He says it’s definately an experience lol

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Absolutely lovely! We’re you by any chance sitting beside Jonny coming out of Bombardier last week?
It’s the first time I’ve seen two side by side and the colour difference is amazing (y)

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Lovely, and superb spec. Getting jealous of all these facelift cars popping up, might have to change. lol!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.