White Silver Golf R 7.5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The fireball range is brilliant @NickR85. I’ve tried a few bits and pieces off @Woodcutter now.

The blue badges are cool, really is such a good looking car this. The OH would love one, if we where getting one I think I’d try talking her into Turmeric Yellow (think that’s the correct name) :grinning:.
They look excellent in that colour too. I really can’t speak highly enough of the R.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Part of me wants to lower it slightly and put some spacers on but it just handles so well as it is. It’s also comfortable when I want it to be.....I’m getting old obviously :joy:

Definitely do spacers.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
H&R. Either 8 and 10 or 10 and 12, can’t remember! Will check the box in the morning. I think it’s the former, because I didn’t want too “fat” a stance, but you could afford to go 10/12 probably. I think anything wider is too much on standard suspension.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I wouldn't bother with any of that rubbish.
If you're going to spend on it, spend it on the engine. £4000 gets one to Nissan GTR levels of performance^o)

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
I've Eibach Pro in mine, 15mm IIRC and sits just nice.

I think the Emmanuele design ones look great, although we fill our car up regular with travelling junk etc so didn't want to forgoe comfort

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'd love to lower mine but as I'm on the Portaferry to Strangford ferry on a regular basis and I have already broken a few front splitters it ain't going to happen unfortunately.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Should I lover this and space it slightly? I think it would improve the look. What are people opinions?

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
@pobmk4 had to deal with me changing my mind on the S3.....he loves seeing my name come up on his phone really :joy:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
They always looks better lowered and spaced. Though I’d say it depends what the roads on your daily drive would be like. I lowered my GTi and will never lower another car again.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
You not changing?

Seen a 3 door R today with silver wheels lowered and it was beautiful.
Toying with it but realistically it will probably be next summer before I’m ready. Unless the right car comes up.

Still fancy doing some minor mods to this in the meantime though.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
They always looks better lowered and spaced. Though I’d say it depends what the roads on your daily drive would be like. I lowered my GTi and will never lower another car again.
Mainly A roads with the occasional B road. I lowered the S3 but I think I just chose the wrong springs as they were just far too hard for my liking.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I still can’t believe your same age as me.
I will always lower car as it’s soo much better. Your getting too old and sensible old @Lyons :joy:

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Mainly A roads with the occasional B road. I lowered the S3 but I think I just chose the wrong springs as they were just far too hard for my liking.
H&r are soo harsh. I changed them to Eibach on wife’s and never looked back.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
H&r are soo harsh. I changed them to Eibach on wife’s and never looked back.
I think it was H&R I put in the S3, blue box is all I remember. They were awful!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Toying with it but realistically it will probably be next summer before I’m ready. Unless the right car comes up.

Still fancy doing some minor mods to this in the meantime though.

Just keep it lol go for VW racing and keep the warranty. Marks is lowered using their springs and it sits perfect.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Just keep it lol go for VW racing and keep the warranty. Marks is lowered using their springs and it sits perfect.
I take it they should stand over any issues with the DCC if I went for VW Racing springs? They’re made by eibach is that right?

Part of me wants to Revo it after seeing @Boydie ’s results but I don’t think I have the cahunas whilst it’s still inside warranty :joy:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I still can’t believe your same age as me.
I will always lower car as it’s soo much better. Your getting too old and sensible old @Lyons :joy:

My commute is horrendous country roads. If I was driving on motorways or round Belfast I’d have no bother lowering a car.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I take it they should stand over any issues with the DCC if I went for VW Racing springs? They’re made by eibach is that right?

Part of me wants to Revo it after seeing @Boydie ’s results but I don’t think I have the cahunas whilst it’s still inside warranty :joy:

Yes you get a certificate with them, I think they suit the DCC but would need to double check. Go for it and hope nothing happens lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.