White Silver Golf R 7.5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
That would get old very quick. OCD nightmare

You know what I'm like with my cars and even I can't be bothered to do it everytime.

Use an old wheel wollie every time you wash keeps on top of it(y)

Get it jammed right up there:monkey:

My old wheel woollies (not the proper ones) are near as bald as I am. Would be no use at all. Once a month (well maybe a bit longer) with the wire wool and metal polish will do. May not have it much longer anyway.....

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Maybe you’ll do your inner tailpipes on the next wash :p
I was running out of time unfortunately....made the mistake of doing the Golf last :joy:

Reactions: DC.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I can testify that they are a total pain in the backside to clean. You'd need wire wool and metal polish every week.
I minted my pipes the week after I got the car, it took ages and they where black in no time again........

That was a year ago!

The novelty wore off and I concentrate my clean OCD on the Caterham garage ornament now and just drive the Golf not worried about how clean it is, still love it though. Great car.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
A cylinder polishing mop in the end of the drill makes light work of exhaust tips.

51UlBbyjV9L._SY450_.jpg

And if they're in really bad condition...

s-l300.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
@NickR85 would you have been heading Bangor bound in this around 1745 this evening?
No buddy I haven’t been out in a couple of days. Been unpacking the new house....

I really need to get a decent garage up ASAP...

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
No buddy I haven’t been out in a couple of days. Been unpacking the new house....

I really need to get a decent garage up ASAP...

I am almost certain it was an R and the plate was definitely RXI 2*2! Really thought it was your car lol

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I am almost certain it was an R and the plate was definitely RXI 2*2! Really thought it was your car lol
I just checked....it’s still in the driveway :joy:

I hope it hasn’t been cloned...

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Yes, I sure am.

Are you thinking of changing it?
Must keep an eye out for you. Yeah it’s up for sale with Performance Cars NI. I’m still not sure I’m doing the right thing but with so much other stuff going on this year it’s probably sensible to let it go.

It doesn’t get used as much now that I have a diesel Passat for work.

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
Must keep an eye out for you. Yeah it’s up for sale with Performance Cars NI. I’m still not sure I’m doing the right thing but with so much other stuff going on this year it’s probably sensible to let it go.

It doesn’t get used as much now that I have a diesel Passat for work.

Yeah! I drive a white MK6 GTI, I’ll give you a wee flash if I see you.

Do you have anything on your radar to change to or just let t go and drive the Passat?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular

Do you have anything on your radar to change to or just let t go and drive the Passat?

What's your Reg, Jack? Must keep an eye out for you too! (y)

Although there aren't many Mk6 GTI's around Ballymoney, so you won't be hard to spot! Ha!

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i

I’m thinking of something a bit cheaper to free up some funds. I’m looking at a few very different options such as a Porsche 944, E36/E46 M3, E39 M5 or an Impreza STI. All are on my list to own at some point.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I’m thinking of something a bit cheaper to free up some funds. I’m looking at a few very different options such as a Porsche 944, E36/E46 M3, E39 M5 or an Impreza STI. All are on my list to own at some point.

Porsche 944 S2 or a 968 Sport would be a great car for you Nick.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Porsche 944 S2 or a 968 Sport would be a great car for you Nick.
It’s only for a toy so I like the idea of something a bit different and older. They vary so much in price!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.