who for an aircon regas? Around belfast/carryduff

Martyn

RMS Regular
Chris called tonight thanks!!

Unfortunately it's not just as simple as a gas refill for me.

More money to fix the aircon!

Great :-(

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Bought myself a 2000 CL500 and the AC system appears to be empty

Anyone fancy another group buy for regassing and possible diagnostics with @supermoto_77 ?

To make it easy for him, shall we format Name / Car / Issue?

1. ace275 - 2000 CL500 - System Empty

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
2. burt2000 - 2006 civic cdti - re-gas or possible relay

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
3. Nicky - Green house Range Rover - needs gassed/all windows removed

Darren91

RMS Regular
4. darren91 - 2005 Volvo V70 - new aircon radiator fitted, system empty

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Apparently my aircon pump isn't engaging on the honda. Anyone got any thoughts? Pump buggered or is it more likely to be a fuse or relay somewhere?

thanks!!

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Apparently my aircon pump isn't engaging on the honda. Anyone got any thoughts? Pump buggered or is it more likely to be a fuse or relay somewhere?

thanks!!

Some cars won't engage the pump if there isn't enough pressure in the system, worth checking first

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
as above, get someone to hold the aircon button in for 5 seconds and see does pump engage for a second, if so its just sensor related due to lack of gas

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Aircon systems are pretty complicated (as I learned recently). Greenway autos for regassing, diagnosis and repairs. My aircon wasn't kicking in and it ended up being a interior air intake sensor. No amount of refilling would have sorted it.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Mine seems broken too. Not so sure it will be a simple regas. No cold air, and there is a fan behind the dash that makes a random noise, like there is leaves in it. But it only does it when I stop and the car idles, it goes away again when I drive off.

pheunos

RMS Regular

thanks!!

I had this issue on a CRV a few years back. I took a chance and bought a new relay, which fixed it. Fairly common issue from memory.

_Stu_

RMS Regular
5. _Stu_ - 2014 Golf GTD - AC works but not very cold, hopefully needs a simple top up

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Some cars won't engage the pump if there isn't enough pressure in the system, worth checking first

It was kwik fit who brought it to my attention, they filled it and couldn't get the pump to engage.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
I had this issue on a CRV a few years back. I took a chance and bought a new relay, which fixed it. Fairly common issue from memory.

Funny when I bought the car it wasn't working properly and Donnelly's fitted the relay for me which sorted it. If it's not too dear, i'll try that first before looking any further.

thanks!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It was kwik fit who brought it to my attention, they filled it and couldn't get the pump to engage.

Kwik fit told me my system was empty and there was a hole in the condenser. The panel to get at the filler pipes hadn't even been touched as demonstrated at Greenway 15 minutes later lol

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
5. _Stu_ - 2014 Golf GTD - AC works but not very cold, hopefully needs a simple top up
6. BIGDAVE - E61 BMW - Not working, maybe regas