Who Owns A Car?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

STE_vie

RMS Regular
Is there a website where you can put a reg in and see what the cars status is?? ie scrapped, sorned, taxed etc and who owns the car?

While doing some sorting the other day i found an old tax book belonging to a car i sold but never gave the fella the book. Wondering is it still in my name?

Cess

RMS Staff
Nope. No can do under data protection. You can send in a notification to County Hall if you're that bothered though.

STE_vie

RMS Regular
OP
STE_vie
Well the fella who bought it was a little dodgy! But its like 5/6 years ago? Why do i say i never notified them before?

Jason

RMS Regular
Doesnt matter Stevie, just shread it, the new owner would have applied for a tax book costing him £25

STE_vie

RMS Regular
OP
STE_vie
ok well its not insured but came up on the other site with logbook details. Would this mean it hasnt been scrapped?? (was fit for it 6/7 years ago!!)

Jason

RMS Regular
Seriously Stevie its absolutly no odds what so ever, the guys obv ordered a new taxbook otherwise he wouldnt have been able to tax or, scrap it or do anything with it! Just shread it!

Lucy Fir

RMS Regular
Just because it comes up on that other site doesn't mean it's still on the road. I slid my scooby up the road on her lid 5 years ago and it still brings up the details lol.

It's a handy site if you ever need chassis numbers etc tho.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.