Who wants to fix Ford's mistake?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rsnutter

R
Once apon a time Ford had an idea some called it a good idea, they wanted put a tubular manifold on the RS 2000 to aid performance...

Manifoldpremoda2.gif

Then they had an even better idea so they did this -

Manifoldpremod2.gif

Really good idea to put pipes into each branch!

So what nice person would like to cut the pipes out then weld up the holes? Anyone near Bangor would be good.

rsnutter

OP
R
The system is used to control the emissions of the car in exactly the same way as the lambda probes in the down pipes. They basically control the fuelling of the car by sensing unburnt fuel in the exhaust gasses and adjusting the amount of fuel that gets squirted in. The egr system does the same job while the lambda probes heat up, as they have a heating element in them, which has to get up to working temperature before they do their job. Once they are heated up they take over and the egr system is redundant.

Nicely copied and pasted if i do say so myself! :laughing:

rsnutter

OP
R
yep thats it, as it says in the link, should be good for a couple of bhp and it doesnt cost much

S_Gault

RMS Regular
i done it about 6 years a go for the black RS2000 that runs around ballymena.

In 16v vaux engines they have the port directly into the head, when i am porting these heads i alloy weld it up and then remove the whole part to leave an exhaust port that is practically a carbon copy of the Ford DFV formula 1 engine exhaust port.

Same principle

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I think you've found your man Mr Nutter.... worth the travel to get it done right ;-) - and the manifold can hitch a ride in a certain RS Turbo that may be transported soonish.

rsnutter

OP
R
Thanks for the offers guys, but i got bored and started whacking away myself :laughing:

MarkOne

RMS Regular
dont get me started on ford, love my fez but **** me they can manage to **** up anything new! never buy a just out model!!! (touches wood)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.