Who would you recommend for a tracker?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yea, I asked on their FB page too, although they said response times vary depending on who's available etc.

I'd struggle to believe they would drive over here to respond though ? Who knows, maybe their operation is large enough. But as it isn't much more expensive than other trackers, doesn't seem like there are many downsides.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
just a wee bump on this @stevieturbo who do you use for tracking?

Automatrics Mtrack are out of stock of devices so need options
I've used this company for smartrack installs, and I know he does fleet stuff as well as personal vehicles.

I'd avoid tracker network like the plague, completely useless crowd in my experience.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
I've used this company for smartrack installs, and I know he does fleet stuff as well as personal vehicles.

I'd avoid tracker network like the plague, completely useless crowd in my experience.

Have you any experience of these? Do they drain your cars battery? I dont do massive miles

AC

RMS Regular
If you’re not looking for a gold standard tracker and associated service that goes with it, but yourself a cheap GPS tracker with long battery life, fire a giffgaff sim in it and hide it in an obscure place. Tap it off a switched live fuse like you would a dash cam and job jobbed.

Example: TKSTAR TK905 devices. Cheap as chips and a tenner on a sim would last you a year or more. As long as you don’t mind your tracking data being stored and served from China :laughing:

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
I’m surprised trackers are still required now.

If they really want the car it’ll be gone and into a container/untrackable long before it’s found by the police.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I’m surprised trackers are still required now.

If they really want the car it’ll be gone and into a container/untrackable long before it’s found by the police.

If you've a tracker...you can be alerted almost instantly to a problem with the car to attempt to deal with it.

If you've nothing to alert you.....yes it could be many miles away before you know and yes the police won't care.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Decent trackers are also monitored, I've had calls from the tracking company when my car has been in getting certain work done in the dealers workshop.