Why are there no ep3 type r about for sale?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

white sport

RMS Regular
Drives
cosmic ep3
I sold my car and have been hunting for a pre facelift ep3 but just the 1 or 2 has popped up,it's not like it use to be

RevT

RMS Regular
Those guys are on glue... They're a £1500 car...

I'm not one to be paying big money for a car but how can you honestly say they're a £1500 car? Something at that money could only be a breaker.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I'm not one to be paying big money for a car but how can you honestly say they're a £1500 car? Something at that money could only be a breaker.

No. As straight a Honda as I've seen, and driving perfectly, with tax and test.. Seeing 2 or 3 of them go for that money kind of sets the bar as far as I'm concerned.

RevT

RMS Regular
They're extremely high milers then, prefacelifts are £2000 or thereabouts for a half decent one, up to £2500 for a good one. Facelifts around £2500 for a one needing work and up to £4500 for a good good one.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
auctions?

No mate, just private sales..

They're extremely high milers then, prefacelifts are £2000 or thereabouts for a half decent one, up to £2500 for a good one. Facelifts around £2500 for a one needing work and up to £4500 for a good good one.

No higher than anything else of their year. Think the last 1 bought had 90 something thousand miles on it from memory, along with a few bolt-on bits like an exhaust, 1 of those hideous spoilers people go mad for and some shiny bits below the bonnet.

RevT

RMS Regular
I sold mine for £5000, boy handed cash straight over, no haggling. Was it only worth £1500?

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I've seen some sports going for more than type Rs these days. Maybe something to do with insurance being too high cause they keep getting written off.

They're the most common civic, or modded car for that matter, around lately. Surprised there aren't more for sale.

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
@mattblair - Would have to agree with that, DC2s are much nicer. Power for money though, you can pick up a decent EP3 for less than half the price of a decent DC2. I say around £3500-£4000 for a clean DC2 (rare to find a good one cheaper) but lots of EP's about for around 2k or sometimes less!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
you can pick up a decent EP3 for less than half the price of a decent DC2. I say around £3500-£4000 for a clean DC2

£3500 ÷ 2 = £1750... And you say they can be bought for less that half of that...? So would £1500 be less than £1750 or not? ^o)

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
the problem is people think an ep3 for 2k is the same as one worth 4k . the better kept variations are worth alot more the same with any car . cheapest isnt always the best and most higher priced ones are deffo worth a look to see why theyr higher priced ..2 years ago i got one for 2700 al it needed was tyres and some minor dents removed bar that it was perfect

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
All the ones I've seen have been crashed and badly repaired. Think I'd rather avoid or bring someone who know what to look for.

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
£3500 ÷ 2 = £1750... And you say they can be bought for less that half of that...? So would £1500 be less than £1750 or not? ^o)

Correct, I've seen road worthy Type Rs for £1500-£1650.

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Lol didnt expect all this, there is a minter of 1 for sale looking £3100ono 100k milno red not a mark full mot 6 months tax full exhaust coilovers refurbished alloys etc Honda data kpro so and so is that worth the money?

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
There aren't a lot of cars for sale at the moment of any kind. I've been looking and there is nothing that has taken my interest in the last month.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
K20 engine goes on ebay for 1K+ so a 2003 Type-R worth £1500 would be a miracle, so I hoped somebody snapped them asap.
Mine is 2004 facelift and about to sell it and even dealers offered me 3.6K , so for a 2003 pre facelift about 2.8-3.3K sounds realistic!
But then then again it's the same with M3s now - everybody has an e46 M3 now and you see them for sale from 3K-8K, so you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.