Why does the same bulb keep blowing..??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gttc16

RMS Member
Mate here at work has a Honda HRV jeep and one of the rear brake lights keeps blowing....like 3 bulbs in the last 2 months..!! Not sure why it is happening so if anyone has any ideas how to sort it I'd be delighted..!!

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
i had this happen on a particualr bulb when I drove my old seat Leon. Apparently it was moisture getting in around the connections that caused it. think i had a dodgy seal in around the light.

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Cheers,
Will pass on the info. Seems to happen a lot of cars, heard it a few times before.

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Not me ya L*ng*R.
Mr G. sitting behind me with the Hyundai Coupe can't keep fog light or headlight bulb working in the car..!
Now get off the internet and get back to work.......! ;)

Bryan

RMS Regular
I've the same problem in the 306 - the driver's side brake & tail light bulb keeps blowing. It only costs 50p a time so it doesn't bother me that much.

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
It's not so bad, but really annoying to have to keep replacing bulbs.! And it is when you don't notice it is gone and you get pulled over by the law for it (It's a good excuse for them) it gets even more annoying.!

Bryan

RMS Regular
If the police stopped everyone up here with blown tail light bulbs they'd have no time to do anything else. The number of cars with blown bulbs is unbelievable.

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Has there been a tow bar fitted? This is a common cause of sh#t like that.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I fitted a towbar to my car but I haven't quite got round to wiring it in yet.

I'll figure out the cause of the blowing bulb when I wire the towbar in...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.