will engine management light on fail MOT?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
your centres are so well equiped JCLC the ramps are awesome ! always wanted one at the house to make working on the motors a piece of pi55.

800K is some going mate bit of a government stealth tax on the motorist !
Ramps aren't that great tbh, the plate only really move the tyres, sometimes it will show you balljoints, but usually if you can see it on the plates, you can get it by hand as well, only handy bit about the ramps is the wheelfree, not worth £15k a piece imo

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
Even if they do scrap the existing setup, it'll not be for a long time. Look how long it took to implement the current MOT2 system :confounded:

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Current contract was for 15 years, think its run 8 years now already, NCT have just renewed their contract over xmas

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Agreed, our system is pretty good. And free from fraud. ie

old lady takes car to garage for mot.
tester says oh brakes are failing, I can put a new set of pads in for you
old lady thankful thinking what a nice chap
tester fires in a set of pads and pockets £50.
there you go all better now.

Agree, our system is far fairer, and as said fraud free. Once testers go to garages, i'm sure tha garages will stick their hand in. then eventually when iut gets liek large scale mot at every garage same as in england here, then more dodgy mot's being let through.

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Is this still the case in 2018?

The wife's diesel Smax is up for MOT next month but the eml has been on since the egr was blocked off almost a year ago now. Just wondering if having the eml light on is an automatic fail or not?

Thanks

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Is this still the case in 2018?

The wife's diesel Smax is up for MOT next month but the eml has been on since the egr was blocked off almost a year ago now. Just wondering if having the eml light on is an automatic fail or not?

Thanks

No,not a fail

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
It’s always the way isn’t it! The R8 fog light decided during the mot it would be a good time to quit.

Tapped the brakes and it passed haha
The hazard switch stopped working when he said put them on, I said that’s funny, they were fine the week before when I was stranded at the side of the road. He just said you’ll get that sorted won’t you.

genman

G
I've the light on for a glow plug fault and passed MOT with ease.... Bloody modern smart plugs at close to £100 a pop from the dealer

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.