Will they follow you through england ? (speeding)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Hi

Basically...If your car is still registered to the previous owner in england and you go over the limit past a mobile camera...Will they trace the car back to england and try and get a address for yourself ? :oops:

Just someone i know now is in this little pickle.

Thanks

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
yeah. did you take the whole V5? and did you sign/date a receipt when you purchased the car?

If you have the whole V5 and the guy has no receipt or proof to say that he didn't possess the car when it was caught speeding then i'd say you could have got off with it. (unless the guy still has your mobile/email lol )

What speed were u caught at?

and do you ever intend on registering it over here?

Coming to think of it...if you have it insured, all the police need to do is check the database to see who.where it is insured?!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
They cant get ur address details off the insurer....

I presume u mean u drove past a camera over here in N.I and not on mainland????

If its mainland wouldnt worry bout it, u can pay fine and they cant points on an N.I license currently... I ignored a fine and points letter from L'pool police from couple o years ago and never replied to it, thot it would hit me next time im stoppped over on mainland and when i did i was OH DEAR/DEAR MEing a bit as cop done a check but nothin was there so i got v lucky lol...

If u got caught over here, when reg'n it over here to urself just say u didnt have the car until a few weeks after this has all happened when fillin in the forms... If they ever come to ur door (which is unlikely unless u were doin silly speeds) just say u didnt have the car then and bought it off Joe Bloggs up at Andystown, doubt they'll go there lol...

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Was maybe about 90 on a overtaking crawl lane half way up glenshane pass went past a mobile unit in the back of a van....Thats how my mate described it as to what he done. Car still registered in england and no source of address to the lad.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
My friend is 19, 2 years clean licence and 2 year NCB. Conditions were good, dry and bright. If it makes back to him for 100mph in 60 overtaking in a crawl lane on a very empty road otherwise. Is he going to be looking a new licence ?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
100+ usually is a good chance of losin books but have known a few ppl to get away with it and just get a whack of points....

All depends on conditions and time as u say... BUT his solicitor will have to do a fair bit o diggin to find out that as its not as if the peelers have him on video tape after followin him, just a stillphoto....

Cess

RMS Staff
Well I got a parking ticket in a car I hadn't registered here. Nothing happened when I didn't pay, nor was it picked up when I eventually did register it 5 months later when the tax ran out. I think your mate will be ok (y)

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
He wants to know for sure the FBI cant access insurance files...Just to put his mind at rest. Anyone know ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.