Winch, hoist, pulley or something magical

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Would anyone have a winch, pulley, hoist, thing that I could borrow to try and get a fecking car up a fecking slope into my fecking garage? Box of Roses in it for you.

Was looking into buying one for this single use but they look to be death traps if you buy cheap and well, I am cheap :grinning:

This

1570536364033.png

or this

1570536420594.png

Or, something that would do the same job? The plan is put a BIG-F-BOLT into the garage floor................and, then magic stuff.

Or, does anyone have any better ideas than my granted, quite pathetic one?

J

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Ask Fred a shout, few pillows and push it up the hill with the tow truck.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Depends on the set-up but I've moved a couple of stuck cars with a long breaker on a hub nut with a chock. Much easier if you've an assistant on the handbrake. Health & safety & mechanical sympathy rating of 1/10 mind you.

Or just get all your neighbours/mates round.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I have one of winches you are after but its in Derry.

We used it to winch a Kubota RTV off the edge off 30ft drop, did the trick (y)

I'm sure it would easily winch a car up a driveway.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Iā€™ve all of the above if youā€™d used your noggin and phoned me. On reflection a car needing pulled out of a driveway is more my thing.... taking Ā£50 for it??

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
I uh....................I forgot that you did this Fred, despite Simon actually saying it.................in this thread...............right there ^

So, I don't think it's pushable as the car is a little bit, erm........draggy (don't) and while it isn't a big drive, it's a fair little slope. Me and 2 friends tried with no joy.

I never got to the drilling/bolting thing in the garage yet to use a winch but once I do, i might perhaps give you a little jingle @southsky sunrise to see what you think

Thanks all

Mark_C

RMS Regular
A friend of mine was stupid enough to attach a winch to the back of his garage on a slope, I told him that it was a bad idea as it was anchored too high and that the wall wasn't designed for a load in that direction. Result was when he attempted to winch a vauxhall thing of some description in he pulled the wall in round the winch

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Assuming it still has an engine that won't fire, is putting it in gear and running it up on the starter motor an option? Or if you have access to another car, I've pushed a car onto a trailer with one of those towing bars attached to each tow eye before with great success!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Assuming it still has an engine that won't fire, is putting it in gear and running it up on the starter motor an option? Or if you have access to another car, I've pushed a car onto a trailer with one of those towing bars attached to each tow eye before with great success!

It's a gearbox/driveline issue, cranking on the starter won't help.