window cleaning

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PhilG

RMS Regular
ok the car has MANY what can only be described as dried in water marks on all the windows and i really cant get rid of them. I chamios the car every wash but they havn;t subsided in the last 4-5 months ive had the car. Today i tried simoniz(sp) glass cleaner followed by autoglym glass polish but it has done nothing but show up a few scratches on the glass i never knew i had. I've been told to use methelated (purple) spirits on the glass on a cool dry night with a soft cloth. Has anyone else tried this method? or know of anything else i should try?

mr_ice_uk

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR TDI
yea, vinegar is what i would have suggested. cleaned the wipers yesterday with it and couldn't believe the dirt coming off them

PhilG

RMS Regular
OP
P
just pour on and wipe off?

The purple spirits thing was told to me by a man that fits shop windows.

RCT

RMS Regular
Have heard of the above method's and have used them and they work. I have recently been using full concentrate screenwash on a cloth to clean the fly's off my windscreen [ peugeot one]. I use it on the wiper blades as well, and it does a good job. Have also heard that you can use 'clay' bars as well and is supposed to do the job, but haven't tried this yet myself.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I found exactly the same problem myself mate.

I use a strong cleaner to clean the windows first of all. Say warm water and fairy liquid. Depending on how bad they are you may wish to run some clean water and a clean sponge over them too. Chamois or leave to dry, depending on wether you need to chamois them for best effect. Then use a glass polish etc. I use Fast Glass by Auto Glym.

My windies are top titty usually :grinning:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I use a micro fiber with a mesh side on it and vinegar/glass cleaner, then use fast glass over that.

Last wil i Megs 3 staged the car i just went over the windows with it and took it all off. with all coats except wax.

Inside i use a dry MC cloth.

Marc

RMS Moderator
i use the PC on my windows.. puts a real good coat of polish on them, and makes it easier to rid of bugs etc

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.