Window regulator MOT fail?

Kurisu

RMS Member
Drives
EP2 Civic
My drivers side window regulator has snapped and MOT is due next month. Is this a fail at MOT? I know theres loads of articles online regarding this but there all years old and as far as I know the laws have changed recently.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Haven't a definitive answer I'm afraid but iv never been asked to put the windows up and down whist putting a car through MOT.

Kurisu

RMS Member
OP
Kurisu
Drives
EP2 Civic
What about when i need to open the door to give him the letter and hear what hes asking me to do etc? They'll know straightaway the window isnt working.

RevT

RMS Regular
It's a pass, don't worry about it is what I'm saying, it's only a fail if the window is stuck down.

Kurisu

RMS Member
OP
Kurisu
Drives
EP2 Civic
Its being held up with 3 small pieces of cardboard wedged between lol

Kurisu

RMS Member
OP
Kurisu
Drives
EP2 Civic
Window regulator direct from Honda is near £250 and trying to find one second hand for an EP2 isnt easy

Kurisu

RMS Member
OP
Kurisu
Drives
EP2 Civic
Theres none for my specific car. The pre facelift and facelift ones are different.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I got new regulator for a 2009 Audi Q7 from Colin Adams for under £50.

Who would even think to ring the dealership for the likes of that? Mental.

Kurisu

RMS Member
OP
Kurisu
Drives
EP2 Civic
When one cant find one second hand perhaps. Anyone who owns an EP2 knows the regulators are so hard to get

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
I took a 330 to mot and it failed due to window reg broke. Tester told me it was a fail due to if i needed to give hand signals i couldnt. I have spoke to many testers since and they have all said he was very harse to fail it.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Fix it and be done. Any other window would not be an issue but how are you going to meet and greet as you aproach lane 2,3 or 4 at the test centre lol

Kurisu

RMS Member
OP
Kurisu
Drives
EP2 Civic
So nobody knows for sure what the law is about this?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Seems it is a fail. Whether it does fail or not is another thing. Like checking trailer electrics or whether your rear fog illumination works. Will depend on who you get on the day. Best bet is to fix it.

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
So nobody knows for sure what the law is about this?
I do :party: I've taken 2 Renault Lagunas and my Rover 620 through, all with a faulty front window regulator. No bother at as it's not a pass/fail item as long as the window is up. Just open the door and talk to them/pass sheet to them. Not an issue. I had thought the drivers side had to work but it doesn't.

RevT

RMS Regular
Seems it is a fail. Whether it does fail or not is another thing. Like checking trailer electrics or whether your rear fog illumination works. Will depend on who you get on the day. Best bet is to fix it.

I think you're actually wrong buddy, any time I've asked it's been a pass and that was a few different examiners.